Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Dear Jeremy,When I am at the buss stop, waiting for the bus, and someone comes up to me a...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Dear Jeremy,

When I am at the buss stop, waiting for the bus, and someone comes up to me and asks - "has the bus come yet?" What would be the proper response?

Signed,
Bewildered at the bus stop.

--hide--
Dear Bewildered,

Jeremy says to say: "No the bus hasn't come yet.....I'M STILL STANDING HERE WAITING FOR IT!" hissyfit wink

11/27/2012 new
Knock knock Dear Jeremy,

Do you have Christmas traditions that are special to your family?

Mine go way back to my childhood and I continued them with my son. Could be part of the reason last Christmas seemed so quiet without him.

Since he was in college as soon as the last final was taken we went old school with board games like Monopoly and life and checkers etc. This would occupy many hours while watching Christmas movies on Tv. I always hosted a 'safe New Years party' minus alcohol for Andrew and his friends, plenty of food and soft drinks. And of course my favorite Christmas tradition was attending Midnight Mass as a family.....

Loves the Christmas season in Oklahoma
11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Knock knock Dear Jeremy, Do you have Christmas traditions that are special to your family? <...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Knock knock Dear Jeremy,

Do you have Christmas traditions that are special to your family?

Mine go way back to my childhood and I continued them with my son. Could be part of the reason last Christmas seemed so quiet without him.

Since he was in college as soon as the last final was taken we went old school with board games like Monopoly and life and checkers etc. This would occupy many hours while watching Christmas movies on Tv. I always hosted a 'safe New Years party' minus alcohol for Andrew and his friends, plenty of food and soft drinks. And of course my favorite Christmas tradition was attending Midnight Mass as a family.....

Loves the Christmas season in Oklahoma
--hide--
Yes....well....Jerry does! Every year we get together at my sister's house for dinner. Usually counting nieces, nephews, grandchildren and of course brothers and sisters there are at least 45 to 50 people there! In the old days we would exchange names for Christmas.....and give the gifts after dinner. Now that we are all older....just the kids get a few odds and ends. We now....just enjoy each other's company. I just got a call from my cousin in Lake Tahoe who will be joining us this year. Ain't family affairs just grande? Last year we played the song "We Are Family" by Sisters Sledge.....and sang together......after Christmas songs of course!

11/27/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Yes....well....Jerry does! Every year we get together at my sister's house for dinner. Usually counting nie...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Yes....well....Jerry does! Every year we get together at my sister's house for dinner. Usually counting nieces, nephews, grandchildren and of course brothers and sisters there are at least 45 to 50 people there! In the old days we would exchange names for Christmas.....and give the gifts after dinner. Now that we are all older....just the kids get a few odds and ends. We now....just enjoy each other's company. I just got a call from my cousin in Lake Tahoe who will be joining us this year. Ain't family affairs just grande? Last year we played the song "We Are Family" by Sisters Sledge.....and sang together......after Christmas songs of course!

--hide--

clap clap sounds like fun!
11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: sounds like fun!
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

sounds like fun!
--hide--
I'll speak for myself. To heck with Jeremy for a second! They are indeed fun. Some of the relatives are not seen the whole year....so...makes for a good reunion of sorts.

11/27/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I'll speak for myself. To heck with Jeremy for a second! They are indeed fun. Some of the relatives are not...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I'll speak for myself. To heck with Jeremy for a second! They are indeed fun. Some of the relatives are not seen the whole year....so...makes for a good reunion of sorts.

--hide--

This will be the first year in ten years that my big brother will be around during Christmas week. I am hoping I can talk his wife and daughter into going to midnight mass with my parents for old times sake.....
11/27/2012 new

Brenda start working now. It would be nice for them to join you for Midnight Mass.

11/28/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-814080 said: Brenda start working now. It would be nice for them to join you for Midnight Mass.
(Quote) Mary-814080 said:

Brenda start working now. It would be nice for them to join you for Midnight Mass.

--hide--

Already working on trying to make it happen.....
11/28/2012 new

Dear Jeremy,

What does this little verse mean??....."The Rat Takes The Cheese" Beaver cheese scratchchin

Signed, Curious about the cheese(s)

11/28/2012 new

Dear Jeremy,

Insomia. Where did that word originate and why was it ever invented? Here it is after
3 AM and I am wide awake. Do you or any of your followers have an answer to my
problem?

I have tried no caffeine after 7 pm, exercise, a warm bath with a glass of wine (which
is only a temporary fix but does work for several hours), and not into drugs.

Signed,

Give it your best shot!

Posts 161 - 170 of 200