Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: If I did that at my age, I'd have just 13 stars on it.......
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

If I did that at my age, I'd have just 13 stars on it.......

--hide--

Unfortunately, the stars had to be embroidered on my flag. A skill that is totally beyond me. My mother was going to do it for me until she saw that the flag was made of wool. So the flag sits unfinished in a plastic bag. Have not seen it in years and have yet to discover where my wife put it. But then I am still looking for my old photograph album too. It has all the pictures from my youth including old flames.

Several years ago, I showed it to this lady friend who was visiting us. Have not seen it since. My kids have been scouring all over the place for photos and have not come across it either.

Nov 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I love to crochet, and have waiting a large box with about 100 balls ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: I love to crochet, and have waiting a large box with about 100 balls of cotton thread to make a bedspread. I do know there are quite a few men who also crochet, any here?

I once crocheted an American Flag, just to show my wife I could do it.

--hide--

This is great Paul! I have a crochet pattern to make the American flag, also my pattern you crochet the stars, so you could get. It finished. I bet it is nice, hope you find it, then you can finish it. The pattern I have is an afghan. United States Flag
Nov 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: I sure hope you're joking.
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Quote:
David-364112 said:

I sure hope you're joking.

David Bro; Yeah i'am Joking; Listen on a serious note the Lady in my life can have any interests she wants; She had them before WE met; And she's goin to have them in our relationship; HEY I'am "Flexible" Here; Just as long i can have my interests; Whether if its inside interests or outside iterests! (period) Then we can talkabout doing something together! BTW! Sorry Linda NOT FOND OF THE SPAM CASROLE MAYBE A "MEATLOAF" DINNER Mike "peace"!! Hey at our ages we should be flexible etc!!

--hide--

At first I was really worried that you were the barefoot and pregnant kind from the sounds of your post, but I see you we're joking.........."there better be dinner on table"........oh really........... biggrin
Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: This is great Paul! I have a crochet pattern to make the American flag, also my pattern you croc...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

This is great Paul! I have a crochet pattern to make the American flag, also my pattern you crochet the stars, so you could get. It finished. I bet it is nice, hope you find it, then you can finish it. The pattern I have is an afghan.
--hide--

So is mine!

Nov 16th 2012 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: There...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Jacqueline-198 said:

There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent that has NO outside interests or real friends, it makes one ponder why and how will he percieve a possible relationship to be. I once dated a gent who had no outside interests and expected me to become his whole world, it becomes very suffociating. I believe it's healthy for both men and women to have their own interests even if they are in a relationship, as long as they don't allow those same interest to eat up all their time and then they neglect their romantic relationship.

Yeap, so true! Been there and done that.

Agreed ... I've met a few men who have no other interests than their job and what's for dinner that evening

When I became their only interest, it was very suffocating and confining ... not a fun place to be!

--hide--

It is not good to be with somebody who is so possessive and jealous of every move you make and when you can't even have friends not even your own family. Being a paper doll is not living your life to the fullest.

People don't think enough about being a person, who has talents, wants, desires to accomplish something for who they are, we must allow each person to live freely of who they are, not for who they will be for another, as a woman to man, the man wants a woman for himself, to do and care for him, to be at his service, as though he is King Xeres, to be there at his command only. This is not love.

Love is two people in love ,they do not stunt the growth of the other, or each other, rather they want each other to do all they want to do, and of course we all have to live within our means, that is reality.

The passions of one should be accepted and supported, as long as they are good and right, just the same as how you love your children and you want the best for them, and will support them, it is the same with a man and woman.
Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: I was just thinking of the term "Independent" today and wondering is that ...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

I was just thinking of the term "Independent" today and wondering is that why I am still single... The longer I have been single the more independent I have become. It was not by choice but out of necessity to make it on my own. I do think it may be to my detriment in a way because a man and woman are meant to Compliment one another. I still pray for God for the right man to come into my life so we can both compliment one another and help each other on our journey in life. He doesn't have to do like all the hobbies I do but his Catholic Faith should be strong. We are here to help each other get to heaven and help others along the way.

That's just some of my thoughts. Hope that helps a little Kathleen

--hide--
I think you've got it right, Kathleen. I'm sure your time will come.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Many of my interests will always be with me, and some of my painting workshops can run $800.00 f...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Many of my interests will always be with me, and some of my painting workshops can run $800.00 for a week, that doesn't include traveling cost.

I wouldn't give it up.
--hide--
Assuming it's affordable, why should you?

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Anne-886704 said: I don't know where to begin on a response to the post. I'm assuming maybe this question is a joke...
(Quote) Anne-886704 said: I don't know where to begin on a response to the post. I'm assuming maybe this question is a joke?
--hide--

1st post alert!! Hi Anne. wave

FWIW: I had the same thought!

Nov 16th 2012 new

I've never really known a woman who didn't have interests of her own! For me, part of the quests is to find someone whose interests are complimentary (not necessarily identical) to my own. The hardest situation is when the other person has interests or a career that's not only uninteresting to you, but even hard to respect.

Nov 16th 2012 new
(Quote) John-132457 said: I've never really known a woman who didn't have interests of her own! For me, part of the ques...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

I've never really known a woman who didn't have interests of her own! For me, part of the quests is to find someone whose interests are complimentary (not necessarily identical) to my own. The hardest situation is when the other person has interests or a career that's not only uninteresting to you, but even hard to respect.

--hide--

As....? Could you place some examples, please?
Posts 101 - 110 of 176