Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I hate that "the feminists" rui...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I hate that "the feminists" ruined this discussion from years ago. It is too bad. I am in no way advocating their negativity, only that two people-a man and a woman- should be able to bring lots to the table. Obviously women did nto have that opportunity in the past. I am not talking about ignoring one's husband but I am talking about finding ways to share these interests together.

Yeah, I would agree. I think there's a balance in it all and part of that is a man and a woman sharing interests and doing things together. I think both should bring different things to the table and that way they can teach each other and I think there's something to be said for them sharing an interest they don't know how to do and they can learn together.

--hide--

Maybe I am putting this topic out there using the wrong words.

I should just state that I am looking for someone who has interests like art, music, and hiking because I want to share those activities with someone- a mate.

I can teach a guy who does not know the arts, about art, and music and I hope to learn about his interests too!

I recently subbed in a classroom where the teacher (male) had some books on the psychology of coaching sports. I read the book and gained a newfound respect for sports being used to increase self esteem in adolescent boys. This made me want to learn more about sports in general than I ordinarily would want to know. If I knew how this psychology works, it would help me in many ways. This would be an example of me being open to a new interest that a man may have or be willing to share with me. ie sports or coaching

I should have talked about shared interests or teaching one another as well as talking about our current interests as individuals.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Maybe I am putting this topic out there using the wrong words. I should just stat...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Maybe I am putting this topic out there using the wrong words.

I should just state that I am looking for someone who has interests like art, music, and hiking because I want to share those activities with someone- a mate.

I can teach a guy who does not know the arts, about art, and music and I hope to learn about his interests too!

I recently subbed in a classroom where the teacher (male) had some books on the psychology of coaching sports. I read the book and gained a newfound respect for sports being used to increase self esteem in adolescent boys. This made me want to learn more about sports in general than I ordinarily would want to know. If I knew how this psychology works, it would help me in many ways. This would be an example of me being open to a new interest that a man may have or be willing to share with me. ie sports or coaching

I should have talked about shared interests or teaching one another as well as talking about our current interests as individuals.

--hide--
The Ladies can have her INTERESTS! SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS; JUST AS LONG SHE LETS ME DO WAHTEVER MY INTERESTS/ ACTIVITIES ETC. JUST AS LONG WHEN I GET HOME MAYBE OUT WITHTHE GUY'S OR WHATEVER THERE BETTER BE DIINER ON THE TABLE ALONG WITH A "COLD ONE" THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT EACH OTHERS INTERESTS (COMPARE NOTES ETC) laughing laughing laughing wave "PEACE"!!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: So what do you think, Liberacion, should I go to the Philippines to find a young wife...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

So what do you think, Liberacion, should I go to the Philippines to find a young wife to start a new family?

--hide--
It's all up to you John. Do you know that there are young CM members here that are Filipinos and are still living in my country. CM is worlwide. My country is projected to be one of the fastest growing economy in Asia by 2015. You can invest your dollars there. The current exchange rate is P42 per $1. Just recently I bought a piece of land there for $15,000.00 for 1/3 of a hectare (3,578 sq.m.). Be my guest. I am going there next year for 3 weeks.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: The Ladies can have her INTERESTS! SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS; JUST AS LONG SHE LETS ME DO WAHT...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

The Ladies can have her INTERESTS! SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS; JUST AS LONG SHE LETS ME DO WAHTEVER MY INTERESTS/ ACTIVITIES ETC. JUST AS LONG WHEN I GET HOME MAYBE OUT WITHTHE GUY'S OR WHATEVER THERE BETTER BE DIINER ON THE TABLE ALONG WITH A "COLD ONE" THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT EACH OTHERS INTERESTS (COMPARE NOTES ETC) "PEACE"!!

--hide--

I am wondering if this post is meant to be angry or sarcastic, and make light of or make fun of my topic. You used all capitals. That usually means a person is shouting. Was that intentional? Would you please explain Mike?

Then the content of your post sounds very sarcastic. Is this intentional?

Perhaps I have touched a nerve by even bringing up this daring topic.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Joan-629290 said: In relationships, we all need to be a healthy balance of independence, dependence and interdependence. No...
(Quote) Joan-629290 said: In relationships, we all need to be a healthy balance of independence, dependence and interdependence. None of these are "bad words", unless they become extreme and unbalanced.
--hide--

Joan you are speaking volumes - the health of a relationship depends on how people view these.

I always think of a bf who husband died suddenly at 40 with a massive heart attack, leaving with 3 small children to raise. Her mother who was a great assets died six months latter suddenly, the same way.

I have to wonder about all these young people, especially in child bearing years thinking about how they think it is not necessary for the woman to have an education, be "independent" etc. As my grandmother stated almost 50 years ago, a minute on the altar can lead to a lifetime of hell and she definitely knew what those words meant (I am sure many divorced members on the site can share their own example.) Yes God provides but he also gives us our brains and talents to use as well. My gf has had a long haul but if she had an education behind her it would have been a little easier. Thank God she was independent and a strong woman (but as you indicated balanced and warm and sensitive as well) because otherwise she could have fell apart and where would that leave her children. She has truly lived the expression when life hands you lemons you make lemonade. As well as the rare ability to find humor in even the most difficult situations.

Nov 16th 2012 new

Huh????

Are you serious?

Of course a woman should have her own interests. Who'd want someone who had no interests apart from those you mentioned? That's just nuts.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: The Ladies can have her INTERESTS! SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS; JUST AS LONG SHE LETS ME DO WAHT...

The Ladies can have her INTERESTS! SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS; JUST AS LONG SHE LETS ME DO WAHTEVER MY INTERESTS/ ACTIVITIES ETC. JUST AS LONG WHEN I GET HOME MAYBE OUT WITHTHE GUY'S OR WHATEVER THERE BETTER BE DIINER ON THE TABLE ALONG WITH A "COLD ONE" THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT EACH OTHERS INTERESTS (COMPARE NOTES ETC) "PEACE"!!

--hide--

I sure hope you're joking.

Nov 16th 2012 new

--hide--
Hey Mike, wave

This is funny stuff!! Love the humorous approach you took here. wink laughing

Would a "Spam" casserole peak your "interest" for dinner??? scratchchin Chef spam laughing

Nov 16th 2012 new

--hide--
Oh Boy, Mike! You have been in the batcave too long! laughing laughing laughing Getting back to the subject, I was just talking about this
yesterday without knowing this thread was presented. I believe that too much independence compromises a man's need to be needed.
Just like women, a man needs to feel that he is wanted and desired for his ability to do the things she cannot. Talking from personal
experience, it pushes him to think that there is nothing he can do that she cannot and that is so wrong from both points of view. Here
we are back to that word that is all important....balance. Both partners need to have independent interests and time away from the
other and common interests to keep the intimacy of the relationship. It makes for conversation and fun and the proverbial "mars and
venus" attraction , the ying and yang. Moderation is great...too much of a good thing (independence in the context I am referring to)
is detrimental to a fullfilling relationship.

This is only my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of the general station. (I like that disclaimer on television)

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hey Mike, This is funny stuff!! Love the humorous approach you took here. ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hey Mike,

This is funny stuff!! Love the humorous approach you took here.

Would a "Spam" casserole peak your "interest" for dinner???

--hide--

laughing I saw the words "Mike" and "Spam" spam in the stream, and my interests sure were peaked... gotta love a SPAM spam Hot Dish!!!!

Posts 61 - 70 of 176