Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent that has NO outside interests or real friends, it makes one ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent that has NO outside interests or real friends, it makes one ponder why and how will he percieve a possible relationship to be. I once dated a gent who had no outside interests and expected me to become his whole world, it becomes very suffociating. I believe it's healthy for both men and women to have their own interests even if they are in a relationship, as long as they don't allow those same interest to eat up all their time and then they neglect their romantic relationship.

--hide--

Yeap, so true! Been there and done that. biggrin
Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent tha...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Jacqueline-198 said:

There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent that has NO outside interests or real friends, it makes one ponder why and how will he percieve a possible relationship to be. I once dated a gent who had no outside interests and expected me to become his whole world, it becomes very suffociating. I believe it's healthy for both men and women to have their own interests even if they are in a relationship, as long as they don't allow those same interest to eat up all their time and then they neglect their romantic relationship.

Yeap, so true! Been there and done that.
--hide--

It would nto be something I could do or live with. A guy has to be able to generate his own life and interests prior to any involvement. I also don't want to be seen ahead of time as a potential maid, there just to cater to his wants while he does nto get up from the couch. Not exciting, not romantic, not energizing anot interested. I would rather be alone than to deal with EL Couchpotato who wants to be served while he watches TV or play on the internet.

Perhaps I am ruffling feathers here?

Ruffles are good for you.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I love to crochet, and have waiting a large box with about 100 balls of cotton thread to make a bedsprea...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I love to crochet, and have waiting a large box with about 100 balls of cotton thread to make a bedspread. I do know there are quite a few men who also crochet, any here?
--hide--

I once crocheted an American Flag, just to show my wife I could do it.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Why not both .... home and cooking, AND other interests, like needlework, or music, or...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Why not both .... home and cooking, AND other interests, like needlework, or music, or sewing, or painting, or interior decorating, or tutoring children, or otherwise volunteering?????

If a man cannot understand nor accept that she has other interests, then he's got a real problem -- and it's HIS problem .... don't make others' problems your problems. I've got enough to deal with, so I don't need anyone else to burden me with his problems. I'll listen and encourage him, but knock off the self-centeredness.

Hi, Marian!

--hide--
You tell 'em, Mary Alice!!! You got it right.... biggrin hug

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I once crocheted an American Flag, just to show my wife I could do it.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I once crocheted an American Flag, just to show my wife I could do it.

--hide--
If I did that at my age, I'd have just 13 stars on it....... rolling eyes

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think a lot of men and women misinterpret the term "independence." I think a good number of me...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think a lot of men and women misinterpret the term "independence." I think a good number of men have a huge aversion to the word because they have a great desire to be needed by a woman. An "independent woman" makes him feel unnecessary, useless, inferior, and not worth value in her life. And women are often misguided. The better value to embrace is interdependence. "I need/ want you. You need/want me."

Man wants significance in her life. Woman wants to not lose sense of herself in him.
--hide--
wide eyed So Dawn, ya think that nasty "Independence" word in my profile description is what is keeping the men from copntacting me? eyepopping laughing laughing

I gotta say that I AM independent---how else was I going to get my life's essentials as a widow? Certainly not by standing on a street corner with a paper sign and a tin cup.."Will cook, clean, grovel, and otherwise be your maid-servant in exchange for marriage vows"... rolling eyes

I hope to Heaven there are a few terrific men out there, who are firm enough to accept a woman with her own viewpoints and interests, but who will also be willing to share their unique gifts with me. (Actually, I just need ONE man--not into polygamy, here!) After all, aren't we all One Bread, One Body, but with different parts that come together to create that Whole??? rose

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think a lot of men and women misinterpret the term &...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: I think a lot of men and women misinterpret the term "independence." I think a good number of men have a huge aversion to the word because they have a great desire to be needed by a woman. An "independent woman" makes him feel unnecessary, useless, inferior, and not worth value in her life. And women are often misguided. The better value to embrace is interdependence. "I need/ want you. You need/want me."

Man wants significance in her life. Woman wants to not lose sense of herself in him.

So Dawn, ya think that nasty "Independence" word in my profile description is what is keeping the men from copntacting me?

I gotta say that I AM independent---how else was I going to get my life's essentials as a widow? Certainly not by standing on a street corner with a paper sign and a tin cup.."Will cook, clean, grovel, and otherwise be your maid-servant in exchange for marriage vows"...

I hope to Heaven there are a few terrific men out there, who are firm enough to accept a woman with her own viewpoints and interests, but who will also be willing to share their unique gifts with me. (Actually, I just need ONE man--not into polygamy, here!) After all, aren't we all One Bread, One Body, but with different parts that come together to create that Whole???

--hide--

Beverly, Great points and great post!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I sure hope you're joking.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I sure hope you're joking.

--hide--
David Bro; Yeah i'am Joking; laughing Listen on a serious note the Lady in my life can have any interests she wants; She had them before WE met; And she's goin to have them in our relationship; HEY I'am "Flexible" Here; Just as long i can have my interests; Whether if its inside interests or outside iterests! (period) Then we can talkabout doing something together! BTW! Sorry Linda NOT FOND OF THE SPAM CASROLE laughing laughing MAYBE A "MEATLOAF" DINNER laughing Mike "peace"!! Hey at our ages we should be flexible etc!!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: There is nothing scarier than speaking to a gent tha...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Jacqueline-198 said:

Yeap, so true! Been there and done that.
--hide--

Agreed ... I've met a few men who have no other interests than their job and what's for dinner that evening eyepopping shocked

When I became their only interest, it was very suffocating and confining ... not a fun place to be!

wave

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Why not both .... home and cooking, AN...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

Why not both .... home and cooking, AND other interests, like needlework, or music, or sewing, or painting, or interior decorating, or tutoring children, or otherwise volunteering?????

If a man cannot understand nor accept that she has other interests, then he's got a real problem -- and it's HIS problem .... don't make others' problems your problems. I've got enough to deal with, so I don't need anyone else to burden me with his problems. I'll listen and encourage him, but knock off the self-centeredness.

Hi, Marian!

You tell 'em, Mary Alice!!! You got it right....

--hide--

Thank you, Sir knight-errant Ray ... Bow Bow Bow

wave hug smile Battling eyelashes

Posts 91 - 100 of 176