Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ray, I'm not giving up a darn thing! I like food! ha ha ha I may not be able to have everyt...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:

Ray, I'm not giving up a darn thing! I like food! ha ha ha I may not be able to have everything I want at any given point but what I can't have today, I can plan for tomorrow! I have been following the weightwatchers points system. I haven't been going to the meetings, just monitoring what I eat, portions size, and weighing myself regularly. I know alot of people don't like to see the scale as often as I do but I find that it really helps me stay focused if I weigh in more often. I eat alot of veggies.... HEY! THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH no points on WW so.... I eat'em up! I like them anyway. The real truth is... when I have dieted, I actually eat more food but I am eating more of the healthier stuff. So bring on the Ben and Jerrys Icecream, the pizza, and the chocolate! Everything in moderation is the way to go!

--hide--
clap clap clap clap clap

Nov 17th 2012 new

Congratulations on the move to better health! Don't worry about the pictures. When a person is beautiful on the inside, that shines right through! Blessings! fluffy clap flower

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Congratulations on the move to better health! Don't worry about the pictures. When a person ...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Congratulations on the move to better health! Don't worry about the pictures. When a person is beautiful on the inside, that shines right through! Blessings!

--hide--
AWWWW Thank you so much for the compliment! That was so sweet of you to say. You know, as humans and christians, we hope that we reflect the light of Christ. It is hard to get a real handle on yourself objectively.Thank you again for such a large compliment.

(DISCLAIMER! I came to some of this awareness in thinking AFTER I've lost the majority of the weight I've lost.) As a woman I am aware that men are visually triggered. (this part I already knew...lol I was married) They can't help it any more than I can help the way that God wired me. As men and women of God, we just have to handle the way we are wired, to the best of our ability, for the sake of God. With that being said, I hope to act and dress age appropriately. I hope to be considered, by someone that I ultimately would like to be with, to be beautiful on the inside as well as on the outside. I heard a comment on TV a couple of months ago. The lady said, people dont necessarily know how beautiful you are on the inside until they get to know you. So, make your outside look as beautiful as your inside. I listened, and I'm a person that isn't tied to my apartment if I dont have every hair in place. I like to look nice but I'm not a slave to hair and make up etc... If someone calls and needs me, I wont hesitate to hop in the car to go help before I "look" perfect. I do however think there is something to be gleened from her words. It is truth after all, people dont know how you are on the inside until they get to know you. Flowers carry all the greatness of life for bees. Bees know it. What they have is on the inside. Flowers however, certainly are beautiful aren't they? So, God and I are working on me, to help me be the best whole complete package I can be.... INSIDE AND OUT! I think, to attract the most number of bees, I need to make my outside shine as beautifully as I am trying to make myself on the inside. So with all of that Angela, which you didn't really mean to trigger, I will be posting new pictures when I can. I guess I think I deserve it. lol

Nov 17th 2012 new

Ya'll are an inspiration. Thanks for that little push. :)

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: Ya'll are an inspiration. Thanks for that little push. :)
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

Ya'll are an inspiration. Thanks for that little push. :)

--hide--
I'm not trying to fool anyone. It is hard to change some habits. I know that if my mind is in the right place, if I know what my reasons are, if I get my support system, if I plant the right info in my mind etc...I can do it. So can you Maricela if ya really want it badly enough...Darn want to!lol Sometimes I want cheese puffs more ha ha ha

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: WOW Brendan that is fantsstic!!!! Congratulations! Can you tell a difference in how you feal in...

WOW Brendan that is fantsstic!!!! Congratulations! Can you tell a difference in how you feal in regard to you health? Spinning class huh? what other kinds of exercise have you done to achieve such an awesome goal?

--hide--
Thank You Loretta. Thank God I never had any health problems. I go to Spinning Class every day for over a year. When I started the process I did the Stairmaster and Treadmill everyday, and I still use those machines just not as much. I have done a lot of core work (pull ups, sit ups, planks). I have also tried working with weights, and I struggle with that area of exercise. I started taking Pilates Class once or twice a week, and it is pure hell. Without changing my diet I could not have lost anything, and that is the key. I firmly believe that diet is #1, and exercise is 1A. Thank You for putting up this posting. I have been shy about getting involved on this site, but since I have a lot of knowledge on this issue I decided to speak up. Have a great day.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: Thank You Loretta. Thank God I never had any health problems. I go to Spinning Class every day ...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

Thank You Loretta. Thank God I never had any health problems. I go to Spinning Class every day for over a year. When I started the process I did the Stairmaster and Treadmill everyday, and I still use those machines just not as much. I have done a lot of core work (pull ups, sit ups, planks). I have also tried working with weights, and I struggle with that area of exercise. I started taking Pilates Class once or twice a week, and it is pure hell. Without changing my diet I could not have lost anything, and that is the key. I firmly believe that diet is #1, and exercise is 1A. Thank You for putting up this posting. I have been shy about getting involved on this site, but since I have a lot of knowledge on this issue I decided to speak up. Have a great day.

--hide--
YEAH Brendan! Now you have been intorduced and I hope thast we can hear your thoughts on lots of other topics. This is a great way for gals to learn more about who you are. God bless your progress and thanks for sharing! Exercise will be the next step in my process. I would rather share the exercise with someone, but hey, we take Gods blessings where we can.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: I keeping hearing that menopause makes weightloss more challenging. I guess itis good that I ha...

I keeping hearing that menopause makes weightloss more challenging. I guess itis good that I have started taking care of the weight before that comes roaring through...lol When I was young I never had to pay attention to what I ate. Once I had kids I had to work on it. I didnt have a clue how so ultimately I ended up at weight watchers. Thankfully, after my kids were born I was able to get back to my pre baby weight. At 47 it doesn't make sense in my mind or my Doctors mind for me to be that thin. The goal that we have discussed is in the middle of the weight watcher recommendation for me. I am happier over all and am especially glad that it will assist me in maintaining my health over all. The thyroid thing certainly can play a factor and it is good that you are addressing that. I love his part: Besides, with a heart as big as mine it needs a bigger vessel. Amen sister! I try to be active. I don't really watch tv. I can't say that I go to a gym though. I like to walk, swim, and play in sporting events(let's not confuse that with skill in them lol) so fantastic for you to be going to Curves! The whole finding my match thing...is somethig I want. Obviously I'm on a site but.... I just have an outlook that is relying on God so much more than myself to deal with that. I am just tryong to work on me, my life, and live as joyful a life as I can. You are a pretty lady and when God is ready He knows right where we are and whom (?) to place in our path. God bless you Donna! Keep up the great work

--hide--

Loretta, menopause is no fun and it is harder to lose weight. WW is the best program around and I too am a member, I know it works for me. I attend meetings because I need the support. I have had a horrible 6 weeks but am doing better today. I never gave up anything I just keep track of my points and eat lots of fruit and veggies. I haven't got a new picture up either but that one was taken in June. Keep on working at it and make goal.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: Victor you are handsome guy. Well at least I think so. Don't run yourself down. Thanks for ...

Victor you are handsome guy. Well at least I think so. Don't run yourself down. Thanks for the congrats. You obviously deserve congrats as well in your weight loss. Health is where its at isn't it? Darn cheese puffs or Mt Dew! Curses to them....lol Anyway, FB is just more of the great me that I am....little tidbits here and there. I'm sanguine... what can I say, I like to share...lol

--hide--

scratchchin Hmmm... lemme guess... like Titanic the Cheetos and Mountain Dew from the other night never saw another sunrise, huh? mischievous

theheart

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Hmmm... lemme guess... like Titanic the Cheetos and
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Hmmm... lemme guess... like Titanic the Cheetos and Mountain Dew from the other night never saw another sunrise, huh?

--hide--
laughing laughing laughingYou think you know me so well.Very funny!

Posts 61 - 70 of 78