Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

...Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lesiuex. Really touched my heart & opened my eyes.

What is one book you would recommend?

Nov 16th 2012 new

Not the "one", but I like to recommend The Holy Longing, www.amazon.com

Nov 16th 2012 new

Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis.

Nov 16th 2012 new

Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope Paul II

Nov 16th 2012 new

Catechism of the Catholic Church. The one promulgated by JP2, it does not read like an instruction manuel, it is beautiful. I learned so much about my Catholic Faith.

Nov 28th 2012 new

One book that I will read regularly is The Good News about Sex by Father David Knight. That book written in late 1970s is written by a priest who spent years with retreats. That book has nothing about sex per se, but about the life of Christ; the last chapter is devoted about Mary. Even a child can read it. I will say it again; this book is about living a chaste, virtuous life. It explains the body of Christ nailed on the cross is the ultimate form of intercourse. theheart After reading that book, my life has a single man was enhanced. Virginity had its meaning revealved to me not just physical virginity but spirtual as well.

I will make a note of the books suggested here. Thank you!

Dec 8th 2012 new

The three Converions of the Spiritual Life, by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange.

Dec 9th 2012 new
True Devotion to theheartMarytheheartbiggrin

www.freecatholicebooks.com
Dec 9th 2012 new
Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light - The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta"
Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: ...Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lesiuex. Really touched my heart & opened my eyes....
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

...Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lesiuex. Really touched my heart & opened my eyes.

What is one book you would recommend?

--hide--

You might try the book by Fr. Charles Arminjon. It was the inspiration of St. Therese of Lesiuex, the Little Flower of the Prisoner of the Tabernacle.

shop.sophiainstitute.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 20