Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Yes, alas, David is spoken for and I cry every night in my pillow. The blow is only softened by...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Yes, alas, David is spoken for and I cry every night in my pillow. The blow is only softened by the knowledge that he is happy with his one true love. She must be an amazing woman and you guys should be jealous! I know I am. {{{sniff}}}

James, yes, we know how cranky you can get . . . must be that cold weather in Chicago, you have to do something to stay warm and prodding David must give you great warmth and joy. Here's a hint, it really doesn't bother him, he just loves to be a A date with you certainly wouldn't be boring, but with our different points of view we may kill each other before the night is over. THAT would be one for the CM books!
--hide--

Awww, thanks. You're tops in my book. One in a million and your prince is out there. Just follow God's plan for you and he'll materialize.

I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall during your date with James?? Rotsa ruck roverey rady. The conversation would be like trying to hold a squirrel in your lap. But you're up to it. Go ahead, wny not see how the other half (lefties) lives?

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) ED-20630 said: I suspect that hospitals participating (in any way) in organ transplants should also fall into the HHS mandate trap...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I suspect that hospitals participating (in any way) in organ transplants should also fall into the HHS mandate trap. Since a Catholic hospital would not be able to treat or serve non-Catholic patients, they could be barred from giving donated organs from their patient to a non-Catholic hospital that will transplant that organ into a non-Catholic. If these organs could not be donated to a non-Catholic hospital, then why would a non-Catholic hospital provide donated organs to a Catholic hospital?

Ed

--hide--

Gee I wonder if the donor heart has to be Catholic too? Gotta put that on my driver's license!

wink
Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Laura et alia,Your Saturda...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Hi Laura et alia,

Your Saturday Evening Post description of W is touching. One could only wonder what kind of scene Norman Rockwell would have painted.

Permit me to ask you some questions. When did Bush kill or capture bin Ladin? Please review for us the evidence for going to war in Iraq. Please tell us how many of those evil WMDs we found when we invaded Iraq. Please tell us who finally got us out of Iraq. Who was Valerie Plame, and what happened to her? Ever hear of a guy named Scooter Libby? Is "Scooter" a Christian name? Who was he, and what happened to him? How many soldiers were killed in Iraq? Afghanistan? How many contractors were killed? Please review for us the accounting of the Katrina disaster. Is lying about WMDs as an excuse to go to war a veniel sin? A mortal one? How was the accounting of these wars handled? I mean, were they put on the books, or kept off the ledger sheets, since a certain Veep said that a 1980s US Prexy "proved" that "deficits don't matter". Do they matter now? If so, why? How much did the Iraq and Afghanistan wars cost us, so far? (you may round your answer to the nearest trillion dollars). Since you don't consider Bush a total screw-up (your words), do you consider him a partial screw-up? Too bad W didn't keep this nation safe on 9.11, right? You write, "My life was stable and safe under President Bush and it has been hell under Obama. " Whose fault is that, and why? (please give details). Did your life become hell on January 20th, 2009, when Obama took office? Or before? Or after? In fact, I do remember correctly, and the Congress was not completely behind W in his Iraq war plans. In fact, my congresswoman was not. Yes, I can imagine what would have happened if Obama was President on 9.11. Benghazi? I'm not sure how Obama should have handled Benghazi. The four Americans killed there is indeed tragic, and yes, security should have been stronger. But considering all the other screw-ups we've had since 2000, this is pretty small stuff. I can understand why you and perhaps others here might want to make it a federal case, however. Who is Scott Brown? What happened to Scott Brown? Who is Elizabeth Warren? Ever hear of the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau? What happened when Warren was nominated to that post? Why?

Really, what did Bush stand for?

James eagerly and respectfully looks forward to your detailed answers.

Sweet dreams!

James ☺

Same ol' James. I agree with Edward. Not much can be said to someone with their head buried so deep in the sand Aren't you the guy that gets his info from Bill Maher...how could I possibly top that? I could match you tit for tat but to what end? I've talked with my pastor, I know where my loyalty lies America is going to learn the hard way, so hang on.

--hide--

My my. Such hostility. There's a lot of that going around, it seems. Oh well. No, I don't get my information from Bill Maher. Maher's show is entertaining, but this hardly means that I agree with all of his editorial statements. I don't agree with all the editorial statements of MSNBC, or FOX News, either. Yes, perhaps you could match me tit-for-tat, but you haven't.

Presumably you talk to your pastor for advice. There's nothing wrong with this, in and of itself, but here's a little free advice from me. Black and white thinking is a sign you're not getting good advice.

I think I'll leave you with that.

James ☺

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: There I go again? You sound l...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:
Quote:
James-17080 said:

There I go again? You sound like Reagan. Yes, I do blame Bush for his screw-ups, because he was the president!

Don't be too certain about my future actions, Edward. You don't know me.

Yes, I know you won't address every little (sic) thing I wrote. That would be uncomfortable, wouldn't it?

Nancy Pelosi was wrong, too.

No, not just Bush. There's Clinton, too. As I understand it, this ugly business of "rendition" started under him. It's interesting and perhaps revealing that those here on CM who like to wave the flag and the Constitution in the faces of others at every opportunity are strangely silent when it comes to this topic. Of course, when I bring it up, I'm denounced as a "liberal". Funny, but I do not recall anything about rendition in the Constitution. There is the requirement of due process, a fact that seems to have been conveniently forgotten by some here.

Cheers,

James

I sound like Reagan? Wow, a compliment!!! I didn't expect that; thank you so much!!

--hide--

Uh boy...

James ☺

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: Awww, thanks. You're tops in my book. One in a million and your prince is out there. ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Awww, thanks. You're tops in my book. One in a million and your prince is out there. Just follow God's plan for you and he'll materialize.

I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall during your date with James?? Rotsa ruck roverey rady. The conversation would be like trying to hold a squirrel in your lap. But you're up to it. Go ahead, wny not see how the other half (lefties) lives?

--hide--

Bwahahahahahaha laughing . . . or herding cats!!!

Thanks David, you made my day. I know my Prince is out there, because my King has told me so

biggrin

{{{{sigh}}}}} and I know he and I won't be fighting over politics biggrin
Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: . . . and I know he and I won't be fighting over politics

. . . and I know he and I won't be fighting over politics
--hide--

Just keep your mouth shut. I hope God sends you a leftie to love. That's exactly what happened to me and it is teaching me th emeaning of love and tolerance.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Joanna et alia, I think I'm in love! ;-) You're a young...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Joanna et alia,

I think I'm in love! ;-)

You're a young lady with class and intelligence. I like! And your intelligence, warmth, and class does match your looks ;-)

Actually, I'm a lot more cranky in hot weather than cold. But don't let that bother you. I promise I won't get mean.

I've known David for some time, both on and off CM, and he is a man of great intelligence and humanity. I have a lot of respect for him.

No, don't worry about us killing each other, it won't happen. I actually work very hard to see the other person's point of view. I know a lot of wizards here might find that hard to believe, but it is true. And perhaps, if you saw the world through my eyes, your views might change some.

Okay, I'd love to go on a date with you!

James :-)

--hide--

James, you and I would TOO try kill eachother (and just to let you know . . . I would win wink) How do I know? I never fight a battle unless I know I can win . . . have never fought a battle I've lost. cool You just like a challenge and relationships are not built on that. It fizzles out pretty quick, your love would be fleeting and would soon be caught up by another challenge sad Such is the life of an intelligent classy young lady. Ha! you may replace David as my new best friend smile

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Just keep your mouth shut. I hope God sends you a leftie to love. That's exactly...

Just keep your mouth shut. I hope God sends you a leftie to love. That's exactly what happened to me and it is teaching me th emeaning of love and tolerance.

--hide--

KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT? Bwhahahahahahaha laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing won't happen! I spend my day tolerating and loving at work. I want peace and loving at home. A leftie wouldn't do and God knows my heart!

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: A leftie wouldn't do and God knows my heart!

A leftie wouldn't do and God knows my heart!

--hide--

For this very reason, God will send you a progessive leftist and this relationship relationship will form your heart much better than seeking your own will can ever do.

Be open to whom God sends you! Banish expectations.

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Be open to whom God sends you! Banish expectations.

Be open to whom God sends you! Banish expectations.

--hide--

And that is the key, discerning whether God sends him. I've dated a lot of people in my life, and a lot less since I returned to Holy Mother Church. After those relationships ended and sometimes even before, I could see why the relationship was not God's plan. I already know that my life with my husband won't be a battle everyday. Would you have spent 20+ years in misery (your words) if you had been in a better place and discerned God's will when you first decided to marry? Yes, I know, "who knows for sure," but your chances would have been a lot better. eyebrow

Posts 161 - 170 of 186