Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Post not found or unavailable

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: So you are finally going to meet that dream gal or guy for the very first time. What is your ideal setting for ...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

So you are finally going to meet that dream gal or guy for the very first time. What is your ideal setting for such an occasion?

--hide--

The buffet (pronounced boo-FAY) down at the bus station
Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Angela-374523 said: One where I actually get invited somewhere and where the first date actually takes place. Sigh ...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

One where I actually get invited somewhere and where the first date actually takes place. Sigh ...

--hide--

Aww...keep your head up soldierette!
Nov 21st 2012 new

ooops, sorry for the intrusion, young people, didn't look to see what room this was embarassed

Nov 22nd 2012 new

My idea is just to have a first date :/

Nov 25th 2012 new

First date ideal: assuming that the first F2F has already taken place as meeting for Mass and coffee (low pressure, lots of opportunity to pray). For the real "date" date, it would be something to do with his interests or mine (for this time of year and my own interests, I'd say skating or going for a classic movie matinee).

Nov 28th 2012 new
A coffee, a stroll somewhere. A quiet way to get to know each other :)
Nov 28th 2012 new

wave I like to do something active, like go to a festival or something active where we can talk and interact, but still have something else to focus on. That way, I think you avoid the awkward silences, those weird looks, or any boredom. I get so nervous meeting someone I have never met on a one to one basis that I am literally bouncing to contain the nerves.

Nov 28th 2012 new

A long walk on a bright, sunny day and then coffee or ice cream somewhere!

Dec 1st 2012 new
I am with Amber. I want to get to know her (the other) first. Perhaps through coffee hour at church or something.

Then....

.....maybe dinner followed by a nice concert (first real date).
Dec 2nd 2012 new

Jenny asked a very interesting question. Being in New York City, there are many things to do and places to visit. If the first date is on a nice day, I would take my first date on a walk in Central Park or just a stroll on a Manhattan street. During the winter or bad weather, I would take her to a movie or bowling. Then, I would take her to lunch or dinner at a restuarant. My ideal restaurant for a first date would be one of many Irish restaurants/pubs throughout the city, Applebee's, or Olive Garden. Afterwards, I would take her for coffee. By the way, my favorite desert is cheesecake, ladies.

-Nelson

Posts 21 - 30 of 35