Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nelson-905199 said: Jenny asked a very interesting question. Being in New York City, there are many things to do and...
(Quote) Nelson-905199 said:

Jenny asked a very interesting question. Being in New York City, there are many things to do and places to visit. If the first date is on a nice day, I would take my first date on a walk in Central Park or just a stroll on a Manhattan street. During the winter or bad weather, I would take her to a movie or bowling. Then, I would take her to lunch or dinner at a restuarant. My ideal restaurant for a first date would be one of many Irish restaurants/pubs throughout the city, Applebee's, or Olive Garden. Afterwards, I would take her for coffee. By the way, my favorite desert is cheesecake, ladies.

-Nelson

--hide--

Also, if the first date is on a Sunday, we would definitely go to Mass.

Dec 4th 2012 new

I'm almost definitely in the minority here, but I think I would prefer to not include mass or adoration in a first date. For me, mass and adoration are times when I want to avoid all distractions and being on a date would be a huge distraction to me no matter how hard I tried to focus. That being said, I think mass and adoration should be at the center of a strong relationship and if a relationship never progresses to the point where the couple would attend mass and adoration together on a regular basis, I'd say it is very deeply flawed.

For me, on a first date, I would like to do something that would help me to get to know the other person in a fun setting. An activity such as rock climbing, dancing, laser tag, or tennis would be ideal. They provide a setting where you have the opportunity to chat but there is something to do in case you are both feeling a bit shy or nervous. Also, if the date doesn't go well from a "will there be a second date?" standpoint, at least you had fun doing something!!!

Dec 4th 2012 new

I like the classic dinner and movie. Or...may be go out for lunch and then may be a walk in the park. Or...if I can find a Catholic man...we could go to Mass on Saturday evening and then go out for dinner.

biggrin cookiemonster theheart United States Flag

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-622151 said: I completely agree with you on something active. The last few first dates I've ...
(Quote) Andrea-622151 said:

I completely agree with you on something active. The last few first dates I've been on have all been lunch and it just feels like an interview. I want to discover how we get along while DOING something.

The Rhythm Discovery Center sounds AMAZING. I am a music teacher so I'm sure I would have a ball. Wish it was closer...

--hide--

Hello music teacher. I just invited a lovely lady to see the band I play in at our last concert of the year. I play saxophone and trombone. Hopefully that is an ideal first date for the both of us.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: What is your ideal setting for such an occasion?
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

What is your ideal setting for such an occasion?

--hide--

Ideal setting should be on the other (On each other) for who he is NOT for who he ought to be.

It would try to understand where he comes from, how he sees the world, discover who he is...

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

Posts 31 - 35 of 35