Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dating The Center Of Attention

Nov 17th 2012 new

Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-center-of-attention type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-center-of-attention type? If not, why not?

If you are the-center-of-attention type, do you find much of a market for your brand?

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type, scratchchin mischievous

John

Nov 17th 2012 new
I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that much fun so I would like to think if there was someone who was nice and the center of attention I would at least find out what thrust him into the spotlight.....
Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that much fun so I would like to think if there was someone who was nice and the center of attention I would at least find out what thrust him into the spotlight.....
--hide--
Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a while because of a sad event.By "the-center-of-attention-type" I meant someone who is usually the center of attention in a group because of his nature and personality, that is, the-life-of-the-party type.

Had I employed "the-life-of-the-party" my topic would have been as follows.

Have you ever dated the-life-of-the-party type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-life-of-the-party type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-life-of-the-party type? If not, why not?

If you are the-life-of-the-party type, do you find much of a market for your brand of person?

John

Nov 17th 2012 new

No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do the cooking and setting up, or listening to other conversations, but NOT be focused on!

I'm not sure if I could date someone who HAS to be the center or attention. I'm BAD at making myself known in a group, so I'd probably be forgotten about. I also don't think I'd be good for him since I'm bad at giving enough attention for people like that.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do ...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do the cooking and setting up, or listening to other conversations, but NOT be focused on!

I'm not sure if I could date someone who HAS to be the center or attention. I'm BAD at making myself known in a group, so I'd probably be forgotten about. I also don't think I'd be good for him since I'm bad at giving enough attention for people like that.

--hide--

Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the background, so when I'm dating I usually allow for her to be the focus of the attention that is paid to us in group settings.

theheart

Nov 17th 2012 new
(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Brenda, Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a whil...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a while because of a sad event.By "the-center-of-attention-type" I meant someone who is usually the center of attention in a group because of his nature and personality, that is, the-life-of-the-party type.

Had I employed "the-life-of-the-party" my topic would have been as follows.

Have you ever dated the-life-of-the-party type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-life-of-the-party type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-life-of-the-party type? If not, why not?

If you are the-life-of-the-party type, do you find much of a market for your brand of person?

John

--hide--

I had a feeling you were referring to the other kind of center of attention. I usually prefer more low key events. I always feel more comfortable in smaller groups. It actually surprises me when I find myself to be the center of Attention at events.
Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like? Would you prefer...

Would you not likely even think about dating the-center-of-attention type? If not, why not?

If you are the-center-of-attention type, do you find much of a market for your brand?

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type,

John

--hide--
I once went on a first and only date with a woman like that years ago. My contribution to the evening's conversation was the occasional, "that's nice," or "that's interesting." I could have been an axe murderer for all she knew. Reminds me of the country song:

www.youtube.com

Nov 17th 2012 new
eek. another John. Yes I have had that experience. I rather not discuss.. LOL!

(Quote) John-184825 said: Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like? Would you prefer datin...

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type,

John

--hide--
Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do ...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

--hide--
Hi Amber,

Thanks for your response. Not seeking the spotlight, you don't seem to be a narcissist.

It sounds like you are comfortable neither with giving a lot of attention nor with receiving a lot of it. Since relationships require a lot of personal attention, how does this style fit in with having a relationship? scratchchin

If we hear that a center-of-attention man is interested in you, maybe we should send him an Amber Alert that you can't provide the twenty-fours-a-day-in-the-sun experience he's burning to have. eyebrow

Wondering why so many relationships go down in flames and end up needing an Ember Alert, eyepopping

John

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the background, so when I'm dating I usually allow for her to be the focus of the attention that is paid to us in group settings.

--hide--
Yes, some people are not comfortable receiving a lot of attention and paradoxically, if the notice they receive is extremely positive, that makes them even more uncomfortable.

Posts 1 - 10 of 131