Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-center-of-attention type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-center-of-attention type? If not, why not?

If you are the-center-of-attention type, do you find much of a market for your brand?

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type, scratchchin mischievous

John

11/17/2012 new
I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that much fun so I would like to think if there was someone who was nice and the center of attention I would at least find out what thrust him into the spotlight.....
11/17/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have felt what it was like to be the center if attention when my son passed away. It was not Alll that much fun so I would like to think if there was someone who was nice and the center of attention I would at least find out what thrust him into the spotlight.....
--hide--
Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a while because of a sad event.By "the-center-of-attention-type" I meant someone who is usually the center of attention in a group because of his nature and personality, that is, the-life-of-the-party type.

Had I employed "the-life-of-the-party" my topic would have been as follows.

Have you ever dated the-life-of-the-party type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-life-of-the-party type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-life-of-the-party type? If not, why not?

If you are the-life-of-the-party type, do you find much of a market for your brand of person?

John

11/17/2012 new

No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do the cooking and setting up, or listening to other conversations, but NOT be focused on!

I'm not sure if I could date someone who HAS to be the center or attention. I'm BAD at making myself known in a group, so I'd probably be forgotten about. I also don't think I'd be good for him since I'm bad at giving enough attention for people like that.

11/17/2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do ...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do the cooking and setting up, or listening to other conversations, but NOT be focused on!

I'm not sure if I could date someone who HAS to be the center or attention. I'm BAD at making myself known in a group, so I'd probably be forgotten about. I also don't think I'd be good for him since I'm bad at giving enough attention for people like that.

--hide--

Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the background, so when I'm dating I usually allow for her to be the focus of the attention that is paid to us in group settings.

theheart

11/17/2012 new
(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Brenda, Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a whil...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your real-life story, one where you were the center of attention for a while because of a sad event.By "the-center-of-attention-type" I meant someone who is usually the center of attention in a group because of his nature and personality, that is, the-life-of-the-party type.

Had I employed "the-life-of-the-party" my topic would have been as follows.

Have you ever dated the-life-of-the-party type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-life-of-the-party type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-life-of-the-party type? If not, why not?

If you are the-life-of-the-party type, do you find much of a market for your brand of person?

John

--hide--

I had a feeling you were referring to the other kind of center of attention. I usually prefer more low key events. I always feel more comfortable in smaller groups. It actually surprises me when I find myself to be the center of Attention at events.
11/17/2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like? Would you prefer...

Would you not likely even think about dating the-center-of-attention type? If not, why not?

If you are the-center-of-attention type, do you find much of a market for your brand?

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type,

John

--hide--
I once went on a first and only date with a woman like that years ago. My contribution to the evening's conversation was the occasional, "that's nice," or "that's interesting." I could have been an axe murderer for all she knew. Reminds me of the country song:

www.youtube.com

11/17/2012 new
eek. another John. Yes I have had that experience. I rather not discuss.. LOL!

(Quote) John-184825 said: Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like? Would you prefer datin...

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type,

John

--hide--
11/17/2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: No idea! I H-A-T-E being the center of attention!!! Even at family get togethers, I prefer to do ...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

--hide--
Hi Amber,

Thanks for your response. Not seeking the spotlight, you don't seem to be a narcissist.

It sounds like you are comfortable neither with giving a lot of attention nor with receiving a lot of it. Since relationships require a lot of personal attention, how does this style fit in with having a relationship? scratchchin

If we hear that a center-of-attention man is interested in you, maybe we should send him an Amber Alert that you can't provide the twenty-fours-a-day-in-the-sun experience he's burning to have. eyebrow

Wondering why so many relationships go down in flames and end up needing an Ember Alert, eyepopping

John

11/17/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Despite my reputation on this site, I tend to prefer being somewhat in the background, so when I'm dating I usually allow for her to be the focus of the attention that is paid to us in group settings.

--hide--
Yes, some people are not comfortable receiving a lot of attention and paradoxically, if the notice they receive is extremely positive, that makes them even more uncomfortable.

Posts 1 - 10 of 131