Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 1st 2012 new
I am completely fine with dating extroverted or quieter types, but I probably enjoy outgoing types a little more. I don't equate outgoing with self-centered. The most narcissistic person I ever met was quite socially-inhibited and did not like being thd center of attention. You can be outgoing or shy and have a heart of gold or not. We are all unique combinations of traits, good and not so good. I hope to find someone who will love me, flaws and all, and when I marry, I realize my beloved will not be perfect in every way, but I will love him anyway.
Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi John, Here it is all these days later, and I find myself thinking about something you...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi John,

Here it is all these days later, and I find myself thinking about something you said. I have read all that was said in your thread and people's input. I did a self analysis and as it turns out, 4 out of the 5 men that were in my life are COA. Huh!!! I never realized and all with varying
degrees of this behavior. Ultimately, it turns out that they all need support of a type i.e. encouragement, some petting of ego but not only
from me but all around them. Huh again.

Oh, and I did take Carmen's que and took a peek at your pic too! Curiosity and all that! It's funny but you look like your personality.

Eileen

--hide--
Hi Eileen,

I join you in saying that you learned a lot from those who posted here. My knowledge has been increased a lot by their opinions and real-life experiences.

Regarding your words, Ultimately, it turns out that they all need support of a type i.e. encouragement, some petting of ego but not only
from me but all around them, I noticed two other women who made observations that were somewhat similar and of course you have already seen these, but maybe a refresher is in order as those posts may not be in your mind at the moment.

Alice-788574 wrote,

I have to say this after 16 years with a COA type. The facade of the fun-loving, care-free extrovert was a bit of a mask. He had a deep need for acceptance from others whether at work, socially, or at home - but the acceptance he demanded was not just about who he was as an individual, but his destructive behaviors as well. The moment I called him on a behavior (such as routinely staying out till 2am - ie, cheating), I had to duck.

Angela-893980 said,

There are two different COA types I have dated.
1. The have to have attention for the sake of attention. This type seeks others to fawn all over them, tries to keep the growd focused on them.
2. Te popular person who everyone knows and likes. This person is good at getting groups talking and laughing. This type doesn't always seek the attention, it just kind of happens.
I tend to avoid type 1 but would easily date type 2 again. And it is possible to have a good time with a COA type even when you are not one yourself.

So you see, I do have photos after all. I remember one comment about my photos from a women about fours years ago because it was rather unusual. I can't remember her exact words, but she said something to the effect that I was hiding or holding back my real self from coming forward to be seen. Oh well, can't please 'em all.

Hiding out in front of the camera, wink

John

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Eileen, I join you in saying that you learned a lot from those who posted here. My knowl...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Eileen,

I join you in saying that you learned a lot from those who posted here. My knowledge has been increased a lot by their opinions and real-life experiences.

Regarding your words, Ultimately, it turns out that they all need support of a type i.e. encouragement, some petting of ego but not only
from me but all around them, I noticed two other women who made observations that were somewhat similar and of course you have already seen these, but maybe a refresher is in order as those posts may not be in your mind at the moment.

Alice-788574 wrote,

I have to say this after 16 years with a COA type. The facade of the fun-loving, care-free extrovert was a bit of a mask. He had a deep need for acceptance from others whether at work, socially, or at home - but the acceptance he demanded was not just about who he was as an individual, but his destructive behaviors as well. The moment I called him on a behavior (such as routinely staying out till 2am - ie, cheating), I had to duck.

Angela-893980 said,

There are two different COA types I have dated.
1. The have to have attention for the sake of attention. This type seeks others to fawn all over them, tries to keep the growd focused on them.
2. Te popular person who everyone knows and likes. This person is good at getting groups talking and laughing. This type doesn't always seek the attention, it just kind of happens.
I tend to avoid type 1 but would easily date type 2 again. And it is possible to have a good time with a COA type even when you are not one yourself.

So you see, I do have photos after all. I remember one comment about my photos from a women about fours years ago because it was rather unusual. I can't remember her exact words, but she said something to the effect that I was hiding or holding back my real self from coming forward to be seen. Oh well, can't please 'em all.

Hiding out in front of the camera,

John

--hide--

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: The only "center of attention" kinda guy I would date is the one who wants to be MY center of attenti...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

The only "center of attention" kinda guy I would date is the one who wants to be MY center of attention.

--hide--

In or outside PBS time!? laughing duck

Whew she missed! I guess with aim like that either time is OK!
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Huh, I was married to a musician, a quarterback would be a cakewalk. And don't worry, we will keep...

Huh, I was married to a musician, a quarterback would be a cakewalk. And don't worry, we will keep in inside the hash marks.

--hide--
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Huh, I was married to a musician, a quarterback would be a cakewalk. And don't worry, we will keep...

Huh, I was married to a musician, a quarterback would be a cakewalk. And don't worry, we will keep in inside the hash marks.

--hide--

Donna, aren't you ashamed when you make such blatent requests for passes? rolling eyes
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-871766 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: Right-side up...

[quote]Victor-544727 said:

Right-side up, or upside down?

There is only one way to find out. Are you ready for some football!!!!!!

--hide--

Go for it Victor, at worst she can only hit like a girl!
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: OMG! A woman who LIKES "Football" Yesssssssssss!!
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

OMG! A woman who LIKES "Football" Yesssssssssss!!

--hide--

You need to spend more time in NE Mike. There are even football 101 classes for women, and some of the men, to get a better appreciation of the game!
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Brenda, You're rite. John
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Brenda,

You're rite.

John

--hide--

No John, your right, her left!
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I am completely fine with dating extroverted or quieter types, but I probably enjoy outgoing types a l...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: I am completely fine with dating extroverted or quieter types, but I probably enjoy outgoing types a little more. I don't equate outgoing with self-centered. The most narcissistic person I ever met was quite socially-inhibited and did not like being thd center of attention. You can be outgoing or shy and have a heart of gold or not. We are all unique combinations of traits, good and not so good. I hope to find someone who will love me, flaws and all, and when I marry, I realize my beloved will not be perfect in every way, but I will love him anyway.
--hide--
Hi Shannan,

Thanks for telling how you relate to both extroverts and introverts. It seems that the extrovert-introvert divide is not a deal-breaker for you. Have you ever dated an extrovert who is at the "extreme" of being a center_of_attention type? If so, how was that experience?

As for myself, I think that I might be unhappy about all the time that a center-of-attention woman gave to others; that is, it would be a time issue rather than a jealousy issue. shhh

John

Posts 111 - 120 of 131