Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 19th 2012 new

hilarious! Amber/Ember Alert! laughingPost-up comedian!

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like? Would you prefer...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Have you ever dated the-center-of-attention type? If so, what was it like?

Would you prefer dating the-center-of-attention type? If so, why?

Would you not likely even think about dating the-center-of-attention type? If not, why not?

If you are the-center-of-attention type, do you find much of a market for your brand?

Wondering whether women would consider a grade-school, center-of-detention type,

John

--hide--

There are two different COA types I have dated.
1. THe have to have attention for the sake of attention. This type seeks others to fawn all over them, tries to keep the growd focused on them.
2. THe popular person who everyone knows and likes. This person is good at getting groups talking and laughing. This type doesn't always seek the attention, it just kind of happens.
I tend to avoid type 1 but would easily date type 2 again. And it is possible to have a good time with a COA type even when you are not one yourself.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: Hi John I was thinking about your post. Don't you believe we can all turn on our "cente...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

Hi John I was thinking about your post. Don't you believe we can all turn on our "center of attention" personality when we want to. I was thinking about a good friend of mine she thrives on being the center of attention. She even dresses the part as she wears a lot of "bling." Her boy friend just sets back and watches and shakes his head. My friend is like myself an only child and when you are an only child you usually are the center of attention and some never outgrow the need. I can still turn on my center of attention personality and I have on occasion, but never in a dating situation.

--hide--
Hi Sharon,

I'd like to know what you mean by "I can still turn on my center-of-attention personality". How do you go about doing that? Do you mean that you can do that both when in groups and when with only one other person?

One possible problem that no one has mentioned is that, while dating someone, you want to be the main focus of his attention, but the center-of-attention type will be noticing whether everybody is giving him the attention that he is constant trying to attract and maintain. This means his focus will be overly divided too much of the time and not directed to you. eyebrow

John

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: hilarious! Amber/Ember Alert! Post-up comedian!
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

hilarious! Amber/Ember Alert! Post-up comedian!

--hide--
Hi Carmen,

Thanks for the kudos. A lot of women write in their profiles that they want "a man who will make them laugh" and so I try to keep churning out the "lines". So far I have not been able to collect any laughing ladies though as they seem to laugh me off instead. Maybe I should try another tack and become a baker and try to get love by making them loaf rather than laugh. scratchchin mischievous

Loafing and loving it, shhh

John

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: I'd like you to elaborate on what you meant by, "not being able to see past their own nos...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

I'd like you to elaborate on what you meant by, "not being able to see past their own noses".

Not intending to be nosey,

--hide--

You're not being nosey at all, John. What I mean is that the COA cannot see past themselves to take into account the needs and desires of others. It just simply doesn't cross their radar.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: Right-side up, or upside...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

[quote]Victor-544727 said:

Right-side up, or upside down?

There is only one way to find out. Are you ready for some football!!!!!!

--hide--
biggrin OMG! A woman who LIKES "Football" Yesssssssssss!! wink

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: OMG! A woman who LIKES "Football" Yesssssssssss!!
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

OMG! A woman who LIKES "Football" Yesssssssssss!!

--hide--
Mike,

A woman who likes football? Well, Sam does:

Basic video shows her running, being tackled and making tackles:
www.jokeroo.com Video with some segments in slow motion:
Note her moves at these points in this video: 1:11, 2:23, 2:42, 2:57, 3:14, 3:50, 4:45
www.youtube.com A few days after her father uploaded the video Sam and her father were invited to appear on the nationally-broadcast show:
abcnews.go.com Her first appearance onwww.nfl.com, the site of the National Fooball League (NFL), the professional foorball league: Here she is on second program on by the NFL:
www.nfl.com Appearance on a video at a local university:
www.youtube.com Got all your padding on? John
Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: You're not being nosey at all, John. What I mean is that the COA cannot see past themselv...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

You're not being nosey at all, John. What I mean is that the COA cannot see past themselves to take into account the needs and desires of others. It just simply doesn't cross their radar.

--hide--
Thanks. I was not so familiar with the phrase, "see past the end of his nose" and I nose not why. shhh

Nov 19th 2012 new

Well the women in NY must just be too darn busy because you are absolutely a punderful gem of a comedian!

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: There are two different COA types I have dated.1. THe have to have attention for the sak...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

There are two different COA types I have dated.
1. THe have to have attention for the sake of attention. This type seeks others to fawn all over them, tries to keep the growd focused on them.
2. THe popular person who everyone knows and likes. This person is good at getting groups talking and laughing. This type doesn't always seek the attention, it just kind of happens.
I tend to avoid type 1 but would easily date type 2 again. And it is possible to have a good time with a COA type even when you are not one yourself.

--hide--
Hi Angela,

Thanks for your contribution.

I appreciate how you have added some details and distinctions so that the better COAs are not bunched with the less desirable ones.

John

Posts 41 - 50 of 131