Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 19th 2012 new

My first hug as a freshman during a slow dance at I think homecoming, was amazing. Where did that guy go? Who was he? REALLY! sorry

ic is too much... mischievous

Nov 19th 2012 new

Marian-83994 said:

My first hug as a freshman during a slow dance at I think homecoming, was amazing. Where did that guy go? Who was he? REALLY!

THIS is too much...

I AM SICK of these TYPOS.

For maybe 2 months, my "puter" has not had a consistent connection!!! irked It goes in and out of connected--- ness while I type--- which makes my typos even worse.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Time to fess up on that first date! We all pr...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Beverly-649723 said:

Time to fess up on that first date! We all probably had knocking knees and sweaty palms, but tell us a bit about your first date--you know, the first REAL DATE! (This could have been in high school to the Prom, a double date to the movies, dinner out, a picnic in the park, etc).

How old were you, and what did you do? Come on, spill all those embarrassing or endearing moments of first dating steps!

I didn't go to my prom, so just before my high school graduation I somehow mustered up the courage to ask a cute girl for a date. To my astonishment, she agreed. When I went to pick her up, she was upstairs getting ready while her mother gave me the third degree. She asked me how long I had my driver's license and I told her two weeks. "Two weeks!" she shouted. I quickly countered that I had been driving for about a year- we practiced in a field near my house, but I didn't tell her that. In spite of myself, we were free to go. I had saved my money and took her to see Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, playing at a large hotel in downtown DC. Other than her noticing a lady at another table had the same dress, that part went reasonably well. As soon as I pulled into her driveway, key in hand, she bolted for her front door. That was my first date. I haven't learned a dang thing about women since.

--hide--

DON't GIVE UP on WOMEN. You can learn a lot from us still.

My first actual date might have been a football game or the homecoming dance sophomore year. I have a picture of me with my date Bob, in a suit and I am wearing this beautiful (very short) pink dotted swiss dress with beautiful ribbons hanging from the empire waist.

OUR Dresses were so pretty back then. I still have that dress somewhere at my moms.
Frankly, both dates made me nervous and it is sad when we really are young and do not know our date well. Maybe there was a date freshman year, to the home coming, I don't quite know. I think I went there stag? or it could have been a mixer.

Freshman year in the Fall was hard. My main crush broke up with me suddenly to date a girl who would put out. This was very common from an early age. Very sad.

Posts 21 - 23 of 23