Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!
--hide--

Agreed. Laundry is way more appealing than shopping any day, though it is required to pick up my Oxyclean.

Nov 18th 2012 new

I like laundry, I'm not sure I would go as far as love but if it was between laundry and cleaning I would pick laundry (I agree about the baking soda). I'm kind of partial to doing dishes, freshly dirtied dishes not dishes that have been sitting there whole day. I hate to see a cluttered sink so I tend to do my dishes right away. However I live with my sister and she does not feel the same way, hence I know I don't like to wash dishes that have been sitting there a while. My sister loves laundry however.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!

Agreed. Laundry is way more appealing than shopping any day, though it is required to pick up my Oxyclean.

--hide--

Depends what I'm shopping for. Clothes shopping, I absolutely detest. Shoe shopping was the worst, until I decided I am only going to own one type of shoe, a Brooks Addiction walking shoe, and then that one became much simpler. Groceries, books, toys, gadgets, antiques... I can shop for them and actually have fun at times. Shopping also gives the opportunity to do a little people watching, and some non-nutritious fast-food or food-court dining, which can be a little more fun than watching the washing machine spin round and round boggled

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: There is something about laundry that is more calming than the others but all of these..baking, c...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

There is something about laundry that is more calming than the others but all of these..baking, cooking, laundry can be very calming and washing dishes can be very nice too...

Yes baking soda and a good soak after agitation, makes a huge difference. I would love to air dry laundry if I could- sometimes I do!

--hide--

I'm not a woman but will chime in that laundry is simpler than those other chores you mentioned. Cooking & baking take talent -- laundry is easy.

How much baking soda do you add to a full load?

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Eric-114571 said: I'm not a woman but will chime in that laundry is simpler than those other chores you ...
(Quote) Eric-114571 said:

I'm not a woman but will chime in that laundry is simpler than those other chores you mentioned. Cooking & baking take talent -- laundry is easy.

How much baking soda do you add to a full load?

--hide--

I put in a cup of baking soda while the machine is filling. While the machine is filling I put in liquid soap, but less than I used to. The baking soda softens the water. It helps to ease the dirt out of the pores of the fabric. It makes the soap more efficient. So then I let it fill to the top and then let it agitate for 2 mintes or so. Then I let it start going through a series of soaks where I check it, then let it agitate for two minutres followed by more soaking and watch the water turn black over time.
I hope people will report to me what they find with thismethod- if they notice anything new or helpful. If things seem cleaner.. etc..

Nov 18th 2012 new

while laundry is getting washed, i spend time on the computer checking email and etc. i take this time to do the basement's bathroom, and clean area around the wash area. i enjoy hanging my shirts and pants on hangers, to get them as neat as possible,and then when dried, take up-up stairs to the bedrooms. actually, it is also an exercise routine, because clothesline is above height of fingers, and most times have to stretch to attach the clothes to pins. i am one of the lucky ones, i have a register above this area, and jeans and heavy jackets can dry in a day. .... i do enjoy doing laundry, but don't like dusting. anybody else?

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Celia-821539 said: ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

We have to do laundry? Really?

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

you enjoy hanging them up.. This is a fun thread isn't it?

Curious, who is Dan? Is this your new boe?
--hide--

Dan is a forum poster and he did not post here but is about 40. No, he's not a new beau. He is from the forums.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: while laundry is getting washed, i spend time on the computer checking email and etc. i take this...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

while laundry is getting washed, i spend time on the computer checking email and etc. i take this time to do the basement's bathroom, and clean area around the wash area. i enjoy hanging my shirts and pants on hangers, to get them as neat as possible,and then when dried, take up-up stairs to the bedrooms. actually, it is also an exercise routine, because clothesline is above height of fingers, and most times have to stretch to attach the clothes to pins. i am one of the lucky ones, i have a register above this area, and jeans and heavy jackets can dry in a day. .... i do enjoy doing laundry, but don't like dusting. anybody else?

--hide--

I hate dusting. I wish I could talk on the phone while dusting! I have had great results if I talk on the phone while dusting. I think I need a hands free phone for that.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: while laundry is getting washed, i spend time on the computer checking email and etc. i take this...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

--hide--

You are blessed to have a basement! It is a great place to hang clothes and do what you are saying....exercise while cleaning ect...

Nov 18th 2012 new

I don't mind doing my laundry at all. I have a bunch of nice sweaters that have to be done by hand. My mom hates doing hand laundry, but besides the large amount of lotion I need afterward to counteract the shriveled hands, I kind of enjoy it. tongue

Oh, and vinegar in a load of laundry is great, especially for new clothes, it kills 'bugs'. (lice, nits, cockroaches, etc) So I always drop some in a load when I have new things, and add a LOT when I get them from a used clothing store...just in case, I don't want to be bringing any 'bugs' into the house. Chirp Chirp shocked

I also like doing the hand wash dishes in the winter. My hands can get COLD, and the hot soapy water feels like cloud fluffy heart

Posts 11 - 20 of 77