Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 18th 2012 new

I don't mind laundry so much but I would gladly hand off putting clothes away to someone else. I really like taking clothes out of the dryer while they're still warm. I will even fold them but pleeeease, don't make me put them away. Same goes for dishes. I would happily scrape and scour just as long as I didn't have to dry and store.

Oh, and I'd rather clean my wood floor on my hands and knees than dust. boggled

Nov 18th 2012 new

Ummmmmmmm NO! boggled Love is to strong a word to use for such a mundane chore. laughing But it gets done, none the less.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: I don't mind laundry so much but I would gladly hand off putting clothes away to someone else...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

I don't mind laundry so much but I would gladly hand off putting clothes away to someone else. I really like taking clothes out of the dryer while they're still warm. I will even fold them but pleeeease, don't make me put them away. Same goes for dishes. I would happily scrape and scour just as long as I didn't have to dry and store.

Oh, and I'd rather clean my wood floor on my hands and knees than dust.

--hide--

I can totally relate to this. YES!!! YES! Hands and knees clean floor is the best! Warm clothes from the drayer are heavenly! fluffy cloud

Nov 18th 2012 new

I would not stay i love doing the laundry but I like nice clean things about me - I find housework more calming

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I don't mind doing my laundry at all. I have a bunch of nice sweaters that have to be done by...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I don't mind doing my laundry at all. I have a bunch of nice sweaters that have to be done by hand. My mom hates doing hand laundry, but besides the large amount of lotion I need afterward to counteract the shriveled hands, I kind of enjoy it.

Oh, and vinegar in a load of laundry is great, especially for new clothes, it kills 'bugs'. (lice, nits, cockroaches, etc) So I always drop some in a load when I have new things, and add a LOT when I get them from a used clothing store...just in case, I don't want to be bringing any 'bugs' into the house.

I also like doing the hand wash dishes in the winter. My hands can get COLD, and the hot soapy water feels like

--hide--

How much vinegar do you add and when?

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: How much vinegar do you add and when?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

How much vinegar do you add and when?

--hide--

Both with hand wash and machine wash, I add about the same amount as the detergent. In the machine, I put the vinegar in the same spot the detergent goes. But you could also add it in the fabric softener spot. biggrin

Nov 18th 2012 new

Washing is one of those things you have to do that I enjoy(the other is cooking).

It's a great accomplishment to get a stain out. biggrin

Nov 18th 2012 new

wave There are some clothes that run that you have to hand wash.I try to use salt to preserve the colour.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Celia-821539 said: ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

We have to do laundry? Really?

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

you enjoy hanging them up.. This is a fun thread isn't it?

Curious, who is Dan? Is this your new boe?
--hide--

Dan is 40 and lives in St Paul Minnesota. he wanted to know how I do the baking soda, when I add it and how I soak. I liked hearing now that vinegar is something we can also use to get rid of potential bugs if one buys a used piece of clothing. Good to know. If you want dan's number- I believe he posted in my "Should a woman have her own interests" thread.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: There are some clothes that run that you have to hand wash.I try to use salt to preserve t...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

There are some clothes that run that you have to hand wash.I try to use salt to preserve the colour.

--hide--

What colors prompt you to use salt? I am very interested in this!

Posts 21 - 30 of 77