Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote)
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

We have to do laundry? Really?

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

you enjoy hanging them up.. This is a fun thread isn't it?

Curious, who is Dan? Is this your new boe?

Dan is a forum poster and he did not post here but is about 40. No, he's not a new beau. He is from the forums.

--hide--

I know who you mean. the Dan that says "Hey Baby". Gee, here I was excited for you thinking he was your new beau! (Sorry I spelt that wrong) biggrin
Nov 18th 2012 new

It will all come out in a wash. laughing mischievous

Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote)

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

You know, I like to hang my clothes to dry. Yep. Weird thing I have learned about myself and my laundry tactics.

I like doing these chores more in the winter because it is cold outside and all of these are more fun when it is cold....... I just detailed my laundry procedure- just the washing and soaking part for Dan...
these are things I picked up over the years and beagn to spontaneously experiment with....

Dan is 40 and lives in St Paul Minnesota. he wanted to know how I do the baking soda, when I add it and how I soak. I liked hearing now that vinegar is something we can also use to get rid of potential bugs if one buys a used piece of clothing. Good to know. If you want dan's number- I believe he posted in my "Should a woman have her own interests" thread.

--hide--

Vinegar can do a lot of things, but I didn't know about using it for clothes. Good to know this.
Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I do too! Shopping is a dreadful experience!

Agreed. Laundry is way more appealing than shopping any day, though it is required to pick up my Oxyclean.

--hide--

Oxyclean is one of my favorites, I use it all the time. It works for me.
Nov 18th 2012 new

I love it more than life itself! laughing

Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread: I have become quite a Laundress ove...

To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread:

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

--hide--

Reminds me of my dear late mom, dedicated mother of eight. While we were growing up, she did at least 3 loads of laundry daily. Once we were grown and out of the house, she would hunt for anything that may have needed laundering, (whether it did or not) Apparently it was an enjoyable habit she couldn't stop! We all used to tease her and smile about it.
Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote)
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Celia-821539 said:

Dan is a forum poster and he did not post here but is about 40. No, he's not a new beau. He is from the forums.

I know who you mean. the Dan that says "Hey Baby". Gee, here I was excited for you thinking he was your new beau! (Sorry I spelt that wrong)
--hide--

I am not aware of any new beau that I have but I will let people know if down the road one comes to the surface or out of the mist.... fluffy cloud

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Joan-629290 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread:
(Quote) Joan-629290 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

Reminds me of my dear late mom, dedicated mother of eight. While we were growing up, she did at least 3 loads of laundry daily. Once we were grown and out of the house, she would hunt for anything that may have needed laundering, (whether it did or not) Apparently it was an enjoyable habit she couldn't stop! We all used to tease her and smile about it.
--hide--

I know. It is something you get used to doing. How sweet of her. heart

Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread: I have become quite a Laundress ove...

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

You are funny Marian.

Of all the household chores, I like laundry and ironing. I also enjoy cooking - if someone else will clean up. Hahahehe
Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I don't mind doing my laundry at all. I have a bunch of nice sweaters that have to be done by hand. My mom ...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I don't mind doing my laundry at all. I have a bunch of nice sweaters that have to be done by hand. My mom hates doing hand laundry, but besides the large amount of lotion I need afterward to counteract the shriveled hands, I kind of enjoy it.

Oh, and vinegar in a load of laundry is great, especially for new clothes, it kills 'bugs'. (lice, nits, cockroaches, etc) So I always drop some in a load when I have new things, and add a LOT when I get them from a used clothing store...just in case, I don't want to be bringing any 'bugs' into the house.

I also like doing the hand wash dishes in the winter. My hands can get COLD, and the hot soapy water feels like

--hide--

Hmmm. Didn't know that vinegar kills bugs. I use borax for dust mites (allergies) and other critters you mentioned. You just have to be careful because if you put too much in a front loader, it will create a lot of suds and the suds will leak out of the machine..
Posts 31 - 40 of 77