Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 20th 2012 new

I love it when the laundry's done, but that tends to be rather miraculous around my house. It's caught up now, and I may just take a picture as evidence, in case the Vatican wants to investigate.

Better than doing the laundry, I love making the laundry soap (and any other kind of soap I can via cold-process)!!

Yep...I'm a soapmaker.

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Do you sort your clothes by color and texture? Do you know what I mean? <...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Do you sort your clothes by color and texture? Do you know what I mean?

If you had a navy shirt of any type, would you put it in with jeans? Yes No

I feel like I could draw up a quiz....
I guess I have had this hidden interest since I was a child. I know why I have it, and I am so glad I started this thread.

--hide--

the only sorting I do is permanent press (sheets as a group, dress-up slacks/shirts) versus regular, and then regular white versus regular any colour of clothing regardless... my mom is probably rolling over in her grave if she is watching me do the laundry.

I think the little steamer ball works ok. I'm not familiar with Kirkland fabric sheets. Bounce, or Arm and Hammer...

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said: Marian, do you use a dryer (as opposed to hanging cl...

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

Marian, do you use a dryer (as opposed to hanging clothes outside, which doesn't work well up here in the winter)? Do you put anything in the dryer, like those little sheets? This last Sunday I found my steamer ball thing: it is about the size of a baseball, with holes, and a sponge inside... you soak the sponge, and toss the ball into the dryer. Gets the clothing or bedding soft, without those chemicals...

I guess I have had this hidden interest since I was a child. I know why I have it, and I am so glad I started this thread.

--hide--

No nothing gets sorted. clothes are clothes...they all come out the same.
Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said:
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

Marian, do you use a dryer (as opposed to hanging clothes outside, which doesn't work well up here in the winter)? Do you put anything in the dryer, like those little sheets? This last Sunday I found my steamer ball thing: it is about the size of a baseball, with holes, and a sponge inside... you soak the sponge, and toss the ball into the dryer. Gets the clothing or bedding soft, without those chemicals...

--hide--

This is not true at all. I won't bother going into my sorting by texture and color spiel then. I disagree whole heartedly and it is your choice.

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

--hide--

Never in a million years did I ever conceive I would dig in my heels on such a topic as this. Thank God it is ultimately not that important, laughing and to each his or her own.

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote)

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

This is not true at all. I won't bother going into my sorting by texture and color spiel then. I disagree whole heartedly and it is your choice.

--hide--

laughing ok.
Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote)
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

ok.
--hide--

I can't believe it either! laughing

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread: I have become quite a Laundress<...

To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread:

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

--hide--

Hi Marian,

come to my house, I'll cure you of that love post haste! lol. I need another machine to keep up with what we've got going here.

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote)

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

--hide--

Except one time my good wool sweater got involved with the pile of laundry and went through the wash and then the hot dryer, needless to say, it shrunk terribly, but it was nice and clean. biggrin
Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier threa...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

To kind of COUNTERBALANCE my earlier thread:

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

Are there other women or men who feel an affinity for fabric, soap, other accessories Hot water, cold water, agitation and a good machine? I find that Baking Soda has made a world of difference in the cleansing process and that SOAKING is where it is at!

Hi Marian,

come to my house, I'll cure you of that love post haste! lol. I need another machine to keep up with what we've got going here.

--hide--

Thank you. I will pass this time! laughing

Posts 61 - 70 of 77