Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Can you explain how you use it? What does Oxyclean do to the rest of the shirt? I need more detail. I u...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Can you explain how you use it? What does Oxyclean do to the rest of the shirt? I need more detail. I used Oxyclean for a while but have not used it in some time. Are you talking about yellowing on white shirts?

--hide--

Yes, yellowing on white clothes under the arms and also on colored shirts too. I just follow the directions. Spray on the stained area, rub it in for 5-10 minutes and wash as usual. Sometimes, it takes more than one treatment. It will stain (looks like an oil stain) if you forget to wash it and let the oxi-clean dry after you spray it on. Unfortunately I have forgotten.
Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Can you explain how you use it? What does ...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Can you explain how you use it? What does Oxyclean do to the rest of the shirt? I need more detail. I used Oxyclean for a while but have not used it in some time. Are you talking about yellowing on white shirts?

Yes, yellowing on white clothes under the arms and also on colored shirts too. I just follow the directions. Spray on the stained area, rub it in for 5-10 minutes and wash as usual. Sometimes, it takes more than one treatment. It will stain (looks like an oil stain) if you forget to wash it and let the oxi-clean dry after you spray it on. Unfortunately I have forgotten.
--hide--

Where do you get liquid Oxyclean?

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said:I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

I have become quite a Laundress over these years.

--hide--

And yet another helpful tip....

To remove ANY body odor from clothing...

Spray 1/2 vodka and 1/2 water solution on clothing until damp. Let air dry and launder as usual. The smell is completely gone as soon as the clothing is dry BEFORE washing!

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Marian, do you use a dryer (as opposed to hanging clothes outside, which doesn't work well u...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Marian, do you use a dryer (as opposed to hanging clothes outside, which doesn't work well up here in the winter)? Do you put anything in the dryer, like those little sheets? This last Sunday I found my steamer ball thing: it is about the size of a baseball, with holes, and a sponge inside... you soak the sponge, and toss the ball into the dryer. Gets the clothing or bedding soft, without those chemicals...

--hide--

Michael if you will use vinegar in the rinse cycle of your wash you will not need to use any fabric softener in the dryer. Things are very soft and smell nice when vinegar is used.

Nov 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Where do you get liquid Oxyclean?

--hide--

You can find Oxi-Clean Laundry Stain Remover at Bed Bath and Beyond. Its in a blue spray bottle. I haven't seen it in supermarkets, but that doesn't mean you can't find it there.
Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Where do you get liquid Oxyclean?
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

You can find Oxi-Clean Laundry Stain Remover at Bed Bath and Beyond. Its in a blue spray bottle. I haven't seen it in supermarkets, but that doesn't mean you can't find it there.
--hide--

Thank you I have two shiurts that don't look as nice right now but it is where the dye has faded!

Nov 25th 2012 new

Laundry is a blessing in disguise or clothed - take your pick. Amen.

oh, if your floor-sitting dryer's belt breaks; it's simple to fix on your own.

Online videos help too.

God bless!

Posts 71 - 77 of 77