Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: In Louisiana it's - Get cooking The cracklins....Mmmmmmm
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

In Louisiana it's - Get cooking The cracklins....Mmmmmmm

--hide--

Cracklin? Isn't that a song by Neil Diamond, cracklin rosie?

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Cracklin? Isn't that a song by Neil Diamond, cracklin rosie? <...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Cracklin? Isn't that a song by Neil Diamond, cracklin rosie?

--hide--

Maybe so....LOL, but tonight it's Cracklin Donna... laughing laughing

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Yes, exactly. My dog ate pork rinds, pigs ears, and knuckles too. But Cajun cracklings ar...

Yes, exactly. My dog ate pork rinds, pigs ears, and knuckles too. But Cajun cracklings are to die for. I am neither Cajun nor french but this local delicacie has me hooked.

--hide--
At the Christmas holiday, they sell this Polish desert called Krutz (I am sorry I am butchering the spelling and hense the desert)
but it is like fried dough that is flaky not like the carnival stuff and is smothered in powdered sugar. That has a memory for me. Yum, yum, yum.
My little sister used to say that I could make anything appear sinful when I ate it but that truly hit the spot.hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss Raise your glass Donna because this one is for us!hersheyskiss hersheyskiss Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: At the Christmas holiday, they sell this Polish desert called Krutz (I am sorry I am butchering ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

At the Christmas holiday, they sell this Polish desert called Krutz (I am sorry I am butchering the spelling and hense the desert)
but it is like fried dough that is flaky not like the carnival stuff and is smothered in powdered sugar. That has a memory for me. Yum, yum, yum.
My little sister used to say that I could make anything appear sinful when I ate it but that truly hit the spot. Raise your glass Donna because this one is for us! Happy Thanksgiving!

--hide--
Hi Eileen, wave

The dessert you speak of is also called Angel Wings. We have a large Polish population in MI and every bakery and grocery stores sells them during the holidays. angel angel

GOOD STUFF!!! biggrin

Nov 22nd 2012 new

Sending out a round of hugs and kisses this Thanksgiving morning to all of CM land. hug hug hug hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: At the Christmas holiday, they sell this Polish desert called Krutz (I am sorry I am butchering ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

My little sister used to say that I could make anything appear sinful when I ate it but that truly hit the spot. Raise your glass Donna because this one is for us! Happy Thanksgiving!

--hide--

There are several different spellings, my recipe spells it Chrosciki. I remember as a child helping my mother "dust" them. She used to drain them on the brown paper bags we used to get from the grocery store. Oh, those were the days. Thanks for the memories and here is a hug and a few hersheyskiss hersheyskiss . Happy Thanksgiving.

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: There are several different spellings, my recipe spells it Chrosciki. I remember as a chi...

There are several different spellings, my recipe spells it Chrosciki. I remember as a child helping my mother "dust" them. She used to drain them on the brown paper bags we used to get from the grocery store. Oh, those were the days. Thanks for the memories and here is a and a few . Happy Thanksgiving.

--hide--

Looking in the Polish cookabook that I picked up at an estate sale last week, and they call it "Chruscik"... however it's spelled, it must be yummy. This Croatian loves Polish food. Got pierogie?

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Looking in the Polish cookabook that I picked up at an estate sale last week, and they ...

Looking in the Polish cookabook that I picked up at an estate sale last week, and they call it "Chruscik"... however it's spelled, it must be yummy. This Croatian loves Polish food. Got pierogie?

--hide--

Yes, all polish words translate to - Yummy. laughing And this Polish girl loves Polish food. What kind of Pierogie would you like, pototo, farmers cheese or cabbage? And keeping with the theme of this tread here are a few hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss embarassed

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Eileen, The dessert you speak of is also called Angel Wings. We have a large Polish po...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Eileen,

The dessert you speak of is also called Angel Wings. We have a large Polish population in MI and every bakery and grocery stores sells them during the holidays.

GOOD STUFF!!!

--hide--
Hi Linda,

You are totally correct in that Angel Wings are wonderful. We used to go to the Polish Bakery and they had fresh pumpernickle bread
which was my Dad's favorite and then that dessert and then we would trot off to the grocery where they had homemade Kielbasa and
Keska. I am sure you know what that is (the latter) and he would be in 7th heaven. Such little things with such big memories. He would
also steam chestnuts at Christmas and we would peel them and eat them hot and tender. He only cooked chestnuts and made home made
french fries and he would drain them on paper bags from the grocery store (like Donna had said in her post). Those were the only safe things
to eat as he made us hamburgers that were totally raw in the middle and cold! Thank you for letting me remember him and share that part
of my life with you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your family.

Eileen

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Looking in the Polish cookabook that I picked up at an estate sale last week, and they c...

--hide--
Hi Michael.

You are right in that spelling. My brother and sister are coming home for my little sister's wedding on New Year's Day and I am
already preparing to make Joey Golumki and Kapusta which are his favorites. I will have to have them frozen so he can take
them back home on the plane to MA. It will be the best Christmas present I could ever give him!

Posts 181 - 190 of 200