Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 18th 2012 new

Yup...Ever feel like being a practicing Catholic was a turn-off to a former spouse?

Nov 19th 2012 new
Good responses!!!

Here's my take: Met a girl at Mass, we went out for a yr. She told me she didn't believe in the Church's teachings on pre-marital sex, contraception or co-habitation. And she was a weekly Mass attendee!!!
Nov 19th 2012 new

What a total bummer but not surprising at all.

Nov 19th 2012 new

party present Happy Birthday, Pamela--a little cake just showed up on your profile! Happy Birthday!

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--
I gotta tell you, Gustavo, that if you'd been at the CM Phoenix event last week, you'd have seen about 15 CMer's who were openly practicing their faith, and it did get the attention of a number of folks, especially when we were saying the Blessing at meals out in restaurants! No one came over and asked us to stop, or said, "Gross/Ewww/Lame". In fact, one man came over and thanked us for showing that respect for God still exists in the USA.

And as for a turn-off in a mate???? Well, let me tell ya, there were a couple of terrific CM men, who were in danger of being swept off their feet by the ladies in the group after we all prayed together! Praying knight-errant cupid lady's handkerchief duck

Nov 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Good responses!!! Here's my take: Met a girl at Mass, we went out for a yr. She told me she ...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Good responses!!!

Here's my take: Met a girl at Mass, we went out for a yr. She told me she didn't believe in the Church's teachings on pre-marital sex, contraception or co-habitation. And she was a weekly Mass attendee!!!
--hide--

Unfortunately that happens but I will guarantee there are still devoted Catholic women who would enjoy praying, sharing her faith with a special someone! Just keep your eyes open and pray for the Holy family to guide you.
Nov 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: I gotta tell you, Gustavo, that if you'd been at the CM Phoenix event last week, you'd have seen abou...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

I gotta tell you, Gustavo, that if you'd been at the CM Phoenix event last week, you'd have seen about 15 CMer's who were openly practicing their faith, and it did get the attention of a number of folks, especially when we were saying the Blessing at meals out in restaurants! No one came over and asked us to stop, or said, "Gross/Ewww/Lame". In fact, one man came over and thanked us for showing that respect for God still exists in the USA.

And as for a turn-off in a mate???? Well, let me tell ya, there were a couple of terrific CM men, who were in danger of being swept off their feet by the ladies in the group after we all prayed together!

--hide--

That was such a nice part of my weekend seeing the men pray with us!
Nov 19th 2012 new

I'm going to vent a little, so please bear with me. There are people who find practising Catholics a turn-off. There are people who find practising Catholics are “not Catholic enough” or “too Catholic” as if being Catholic was just an adjective and not a faith that we practice that provides us guidance on how to live our lives to please God.

I cannot concern myself with those who are turned off because I go to Mass regularly and I believe in the Church’s 7 teachings. I also cannot concern myself with those who are turned off because I put “my faith is important to me” on a profile on a Catholic dating site. There are people
who will parse and analyse that to try to make themselves appear to be better Catholics, better human beings, or more “cool” whatever that means, than I am. I am not sure why they feel the need to do that.

It is difficult to navigate through everything that comes at us in life. No human being achieves perfection in life. I have sympathy for people who find themselves in moral dilemmas not of their own choosing. I am not God. It is not my place to condemn others for difficult choices they have to make about life and death or peace and war, or for how they voted in an election, or for how much they donate to charity on an annual basis.

People who find such enormous faults with their fellow Catholics should spend some time meeting some atheists, agnostics or wiccans. You will run right back to the Catholics that you so richly criticized because they were not perfect so fast that you leave skid marks on the pavement.

It is one thing to have criteria for what we are striving to be as Catholics, and for what we are seeking in a spouse. It is another to find fault with every other human being except ourselves.

Nov 19th 2012 new

Not personally, but if I was a Non-Catholic dating a Catholic, I might have some blunt questions to ask about how the Church has handled all the recent reports of child abuse.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--

Well, in my little opinion, they aren't a good potential mate. I usually get it out the first date and saves me the trouble for a second wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 86