Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--

When I have (foolishly, I suppose...) pursued friendship/relationships outside Catholic circles, I have encountered a bit of this, though I have also had very POSITIVE responses as well. Some of the comments to this post mention that it is even a turn-off among other Catholics. I suppose there is some of that, but in the spirit of rising to the challenge, I find that it is a good opportunity for open discussion, and a call for me to work on my 'delivery' of a REALLY GOOD message on important issues. That being said, I'm back on CM because I believe that the men I meet here are more my 'peeps' wink when it somes the type of relationship and marriage God is calling me to.

(ps - Good thread Gustavo!)

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: And yet here I am, alone. That hurts.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

And yet here I am, alone. That hurts.

--hide--

Sorry you had to endure that hurt, Carl. You were/are being tested... I'm sure I'm not alone in admiring your strength and commitment to your faith, and to God's plan for the marriage covenant.

Nov 24th 2012 new

I've felt that way a few times, but I'd rather remain Catholic than change my faith!

Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--

Probably has been...if so, great!!! I'm not going to waste my time on someone who isn't on board with my faith.

Nov 25th 2012 new
Great to see a lot of folks standing by their unwavering beliefs in the Church
Nov 25th 2012 new

--hide--
Yes, it did turn-off some ladies just because we have different beliefs. Others quite admire that I practice my faith. It works both ways. But I'd rather that I find a mate that share my beliefs because it would entail less conflicts in our future family and thus allow us to invest more of ourselves enriching our faith together.

Posts 81 - 86 of 86