Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--

When I have (foolishly, I suppose...) pursued friendship/relationships outside Catholic circles, I have encountered a bit of this, though I have also had very POSITIVE responses as well. Some of the comments to this post mention that it is even a turn-off among other Catholics. I suppose there is some of that, but in the spirit of rising to the challenge, I find that it is a good opportunity for open discussion, and a call for me to work on my 'delivery' of a REALLY GOOD message on important issues. That being said, I'm back on CM because I believe that the men I meet here are more my 'peeps' wink when it somes the type of relationship and marriage God is calling me to.

(ps - Good thread Gustavo!)

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: And yet here I am, alone. That hurts.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

And yet here I am, alone. That hurts.

--hide--

Sorry you had to endure that hurt, Carl. You were/are being tested... I'm sure I'm not alone in admiring your strength and commitment to your faith, and to God's plan for the marriage covenant.

11/24/2012 new

I've felt that way a few times, but I'd rather remain Catholic than change my faith!

11/25/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a p...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Not being blasphemous here but... Ever feel being a practicing Catholic Christian is a turn-off to a potential mate?
--hide--

Probably has been...if so, great!!! I'm not going to waste my time on someone who isn't on board with my faith.

11/25/2012 new
Great to see a lot of folks standing by their unwavering beliefs in the Church
11/25/2012 new

--hide--
Yes, it did turn-off some ladies just because we have different beliefs. Others quite admire that I practice my faith. It works both ways. But I'd rather that I find a mate that share my beliefs because it would entail less conflicts in our future family and thus allow us to invest more of ourselves enriching our faith together.

Posts 81 - 86 of 86