Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

11/19/2012 new

Praying Praying rosary rosary theheart hug

Condolences. Will keep you i my prayers and pray for theie souls. May God give you courage and comfort at this time.

11/19/2012 new

God will hold you up during this dificult time. It was 16 years ( Oct 27th) when I lost my precious brother. On November 22 he would of turned 50. And for the loneliness, I sometimes think for me, being away from the Church as I was, for all those years, (following my will,) that my Savior wants to make sure I am home to stay, then he will open that door for me. Hope springs eternal! God Bless

11/19/2012 new

(Quote) Carla-917307 said: I am tired of being alone...I hope that God has a great plan for me as I just went thru a terribl...
(Quote) Carla-917307 said:

I am tired of being alone...I hope that God has a great plan for me as I just went thru a terrible time. On Septemeber 19th I found my 30 year old brother dead, he was gone for 3 days before being found the first night of his viewing my grandmother had a massive stroke and passed away 4 days later....not sure which is harder finding someone dead or watching someone die......

--hide--
First of all, welcome to the CM forums, Carla. As a newer member, you've discovered this feature quickly. No doubt you'll find people being very supportive and helpful here. It's a good place to share personal experiences -- both happy and sad.

It's unfortunate that your situation is from sadness and grieving but in the Good Lord's plan, that's what is meant to be.

You are left wondering which is worse -- watching someone pass away, or finding someone who already has. The impact is more personal and severe in your case because those people were part of your family. Both situations are extremely difficult and stressful. Hopefully, you have some nearby relatives or friends who can be supportive during this extremely difficult time. Because you have suffered two losses within such a short period of time, you are facing enormous grieving.

Because this is a challenging time for you, you might want to talk to your pastor or parish priest who can offer you warmth and comfort. As a person of faith, you will find some consolation in this. If the burden becomes too great, you could seek professional help, just as many others have. Many Churches, hospitals, and funeral homes offer grief support sessions which are usually helpful and comforting.

You have a "family" here, too -- people who are ready and willing to listen and respond in some way -- some with words, some with prayer offerings, but all of them doing what they can in their own way. Many people in the forums have become true friends who reach out to those in need. You will find this to be true as time progresses.

We offer our condolences and prayers -- for your brother and grandmother, and for you because, very simply, you are hurting. Feeling alone? This is not unexpected. When dealing with the loss of such a close family member (two in your case), people often feel alone, even in a room crowded with people. It's a natural reaction and part of the grieving process. It's that feeling of being alone in a crowd -- that feeling is real. You need time to heal from these unfortunate events -- allow yourself that time.

If you are up to it, try to reflect on memories that both of these people brought joy to your life. Try to do something daily that you enjoy. The feeling might not be the same, but it can be uplifting. The Old Testament's Book of Psalms has several psalms that, too, can uplift your spirit and offer encouragement and hope. The fact is you are still here and must go on, even in the face of adversity. The memories of your loved ones will remain with you, but you will go on. You can also reflect on ways to honor their memories, and things they did that were extra special to you.

We ask for special blessings for you, and extend our wish that you will return to the forums to let us know hoe you are doing.

Blessings...... Praying

11/19/2012 new

Just to add a couple of thoughts -- the adage "one day at a time" is appropriate for so many situations -- yours included

And remember: "Tomorrow is a better day."

11/19/2012 new

sad Praying theheart I am not sure words can be of help but you will be in my prayers. That is just too much. May God heal you and you family! theheart

11/19/2012 new

I hope the Lord brings you and your family comfort in these difficult times. May your departed loved ones rest in peace and reside in the house of God forever. My condolences to you and your family. Praying

11/19/2012 new

Praying rosary theheart Carla, may your brother and grandmother find eternal peace in the arms of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Sending you prayers for comfort and peace of your own. Praying hug

11/19/2012 new
sad Carla, I am so sorry for the loss of your brother and grandmother. I have said a prayer and lit two candles for you.

This can be a candle lighting in a group or single. I started a group for Carla the group name is CB please add to it or light an individual one for Carla. Praying

thecenterforhealingarts.com hug
11/19/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Carla, may your brother and grandmother find eternal peace in the arms of our Lord, Jesus Chris...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Carla, may your brother and grandmother find eternal peace in the arms of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Sending you prayers for comfort and peace of your own.

--hide--
Carla I am soooo sorry for your losses. Prayers for you and your loved ones.

11/19/2012 new

Praying Praying rosary rosary (((Carla))) Mother Mary and myself are praying for you

Posts 21 - 30 of 88