Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: So I was just wondering if you prefer someone who has the same degree as yours or lower or higher...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said:

So I was just wondering if you prefer someone who has the same degree as yours or lower or higher? I have my bachelor's degree and am now going for my masters. I don't think a degree is one of the most important things when finding your other half. Your education does not make you the person you are. It does not make someone more or less intelligent. But for some reason I do find men who have an equal degree as mine to have more in common. I feel we are able to communicate, talk and discuss things that interest me, about life, religion, society, etc... I don't know why that is? Maybe because they share the same love or motivation for education? Also I have come across some profiles who specifically state that they do not want a woman who is intelligent or more intelligent than them! Really!?

So men do you want to find a woman who is your equal in education and intelligence, or do you prefer someone with a lower degree. Same question to you ladies. Are you looking for someone who has a higher or same degree as yours?

--hide--

Men have historically had more career opportunities with or without an educational degree simply because of their physical strength. For women, more education means more opportunities...we simply cannot lift, push, or carry what our male counterparts can. That being said, educational degrees have very little to do with intellegence and compatibility.

One of the smartest men I knew didn't have a high school degree but could intellegently discuss any subject. My godmother is convinced that men shy away from women who have more formal eduacation than they do. I'm not so sure, but if my godmother is right, then I think it is because those particular men are insecure and probably wouldn't be compatible with a woman who is more educated, more outgoing, and more anything else than they are.

When it comes down to a good marriage, love, respect and compatibility wins the day!

- Elizabeth

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: Yes, but the "Pinkie Room&quo...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

Yes, but the "Pinkie Room" and "Cave" these days are little more than the legend of days gone by. The "Men's Forum" (who came-up with that name? ) of today, and likely the future, will never be graced by the likes of some of the characters who once presided there. And I'm sure the same sentiment can be made about the ladies' room.

Most of the ' Pinkie characters' I know, have married and moved over to 'that other site..

--hide--

Yes... I experience it on a daily basis! shocked laughing

theheart

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: So I was just wondering if you prefer someone who has the same degree as yours or lower or higher...

So I was just wondering if you prefer someone who has the same degree as yours or lower or higher? I have my bachelor's degree and am now going for my masters. I don't think a degree is one of the most important things when finding your other half. Your education does not make you the person you are. It does not make someone more or less intelligent. But for some reason I do find men who have an equal degree as mine to have more in common. I feel we are able to communicate, talk and discuss things that interest me, about life, religion, society, etc... I don't know why that is? Maybe because they share the same love or motivation for education? Also I have come across some profiles who specifically state that they do not want a woman who is intelligent or more intelligent than them! Really!?

So men do you want to find a woman who is your equal in education and intelligence, or do you prefer someone with a lower degree. Same question to you ladies. Are you looking for someone who has a higher or same degree as yours?

--hide--
Personally, educational degree really doesn't matter. Generalizations about people with higher education, or those who are lacking of it, are dangerous as exceptions always abound. On a more practical point of view of thou, people of the same educational background usually will have more things in common, and may have similar wavelengths. That said, the common grounds they share can serve as a good starting platform for what can be a lasting relationship. However, I personally don't care about a woman's educational achievement. More than that, I care about her being a woman of good character that can compliment me in my life.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Kathy, sounds familar. my grandpa made it through 8th grade before he had to quit to support h...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Kathy, sounds familar. my grandpa made it through 8th grade before he had to quit to support his family. In the depression he had to go away to find work. He hated being away from my grandma. He wrote her a love letter every day. I would be blessed to be loved like he loved her. My dad loved my mom like that too. They were good men.

--hide--
Marirose I agree with you. My grandfather loved my grandmother very much too. I would also be blessed to be loved like he loved my grandmother. My mother and father are the same way.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Personally, educational degree really doesn't matter. Generalizations about people with hig...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Personally, educational degree really doesn't matter. Generalizations about people with higher education, or those who are lacking of it, are dangerous as exceptions always abound. On a more practical point of view of thou, people of the same educational background usually will have more things in common, and may have similar wavelengths. That said, the common grounds they share can serve as a good starting platform for what can be a lasting relationship. However, I personally don't care about a woman's educational achievement. More than that, I care about her being a woman of good character that can compliment me in my life.

--hide--
Well said Kahirup. I agree with you.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Well, if this thread is also in the Pinkie Room then I can make a predicti...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Well, if this thread is also in the Pinkie Room then I can make a prediction as to where this thread is likely to go...

1.) In one camp there will be the younger crowd who may also be new to this site who will believe that a good relationship and mate goes far beyond matters like status and education level. They will draw inspiration from the success stories of others on this site who have found their "one" in spite of the fact that they weren't a "perfect" match. They put their full faith and trust in God and it led them to the one perfect for them.

2.) And in the other camp there will be those whose memberships here pre-date the New Testament (and likely the most active contributors in the Pinkie Room thread) who will insist that anything less than absolute perfection means that you will be short-changing yourself of what you really deserve. These people will also incessantly complain about being continuously passed over by men that they think are their perfect match for every reason other than themselves, but themselves would reject someone simply because they don't comb their hair the right way. (That's NOT a joke either!)

If I'm looking for inspiration and advice, I'm going with the first camp. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with those in the other camp - everyone is entitled to their preferences - but I generally prefer to take advice from those who are doing better than me, not the same or worse. Obviously, whatever those in the latter camp are doing hasn't worked, isn't working now, and, judging by history, likely won't be working anytime in the forseeable future.

Just the of one man based on his 3 years of experience on CM... 'tis all!

--hide--

Hey, Victor, I like the way you think!! biggrin

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: Also I have come across some profiles who specifically state that they do not want a woman who is...

Also I have come across some profiles who specifically state that they do not want a woman who is intelligent or more intelligent than them! Really!?

--hide--

I have often heard women say that it should not matter if they make more money, are smarter, or are better educated than a guy as all that really matters is what the person is like in their heart and how they treat each other. I've heard this many, many times from all sorts of (coincidentally?) better salaried and educated than average women.

So let me ask you and the gals here a similar question. If it should not matter that you make more money, have more power or status, are better educated, or are smarter as these are supercial things and not who you or the guy are as a person then you will hold similar opinions about other issues that are superficial and have nothing to do with who people are at their core and how they will treat you.

Q: You expect a man to be willing to date someone who makes significantly more than he does or is significantly better educated. So will you likewise date a man who is significantly shorter than you are? And if not then how is this different?

Men see "stature" as not just height but power and ability. If you will not date a man who has physically less stature but you expect men to not have a problem when you have more "stature" in the community due to the increased respect and standing you will get from higher salary, position, and education then what is the difference?

I'm not telling anybody what to do or think. I'm just asking people to have a consistent view when it comes to these things.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Hey, Victor, I like the way you think!!
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Hey, Victor, I like the way you think!!

--hide--

That would place you in very select company, my friend! wink laughing

theheart

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:Men have historically had more career opportunities with or without an educational degree sim...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Men have historically had more career opportunities with or without an educational degree simply because of their physical strength. For women, more education means more opportunities...we simply cannot lift, push, or carry what our male counterparts can. That being said, educational degrees have very little to do with intellegence and compatibility.

One of the smartest men I knew didn't have a high school degree but could intellegently discuss any subject. My godmother is convinced that men shy away from women who have more formal eduacation than they do. I'm not so sure, but if my godmother is right, then I think it is because those particular men are insecure and probably wouldn't be compatible with a woman who is more educated, more outgoing, and more anything else than they are.

When it comes down to a good marriage, love, respect and compatibility wins the day!

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Eric-114571 said: I have often heard women say that it should not matter if they make more money, are smarte...
(Quote) Eric-114571 said:

I have often heard women say that it should not matter if they make more money, are smarter, or are better educated than a guy as all that really matters is what the person is like in their heart and how they treat each other. I've heard this many, many times from all sorts of (coincidentally?) better salaried and educated than average women.

So let me ask you and the gals here a similar question. If it should not matter that you make more money, have more power or status, are better educated, or are smarter as these are supercial things and not who you or the guy are as a person then you will hold similar opinions about other issues that are superficial and have nothing to do with who people are at their core and how they will treat you.

Q: You expect a man to be willing to date someone who makes significantly more than he does or is significantly better educated. So will you likewise date a man who is significantly shorter than you are? And if not then how is this different?

Men see "stature" as not just height but power and ability. If you will not date a man who has physically less stature but you expect men to not have a problem when you have more "stature" in the community due to the increased respect and standing you will get from higher salary, position, and education then what is the difference?

I'm not telling anybody what to do or think. I'm just asking people to have a consistent view when it comes to these things.

--hide--

A: yes.

- Elizabeth

Posts 21 - 30 of 133