Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What is love?

Nov 19th 2012 new
So, somebody said, "I have never known love, what is love?"

How do you answer?

Love is.................how do you know...........where is love.............
Nov 19th 2012 new

Love is when you do sacrifices -either big or small- to make someone happy....and for some reason it rarely feels like a sacrifice at all, because you find you are happy when you make him/her happy.

Nov 19th 2012 new

Love is a gift from the heart that is given when one person choses to surrender themselves freely to that other person. It is patient, kind, forgiving, and not arrogant.

Nov 19th 2012 new

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

†The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.~Mother Teresa†

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: So, somebody said, "I have never known love, what is love?" How do you answer?
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: So, somebody said, "I have never known love, what is love?"

How do you answer?

--hide--

Love is not being able to envision a future without both of you in it.

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Anna-671172 said: Love is when you do sacrifices -either big or small- to make someone happy....and for some reason it rarely feel...
(Quote) Anna-671172 said:

Love is when you do sacrifices -either big or small- to make someone happy....and for some reason it rarely feels like a sacrifice at all, because you find you are happy when you make him/her happy.

--hide--

Thank you for your post. So, doing things for someone to make them happy is love.

Wouldn't that fall under doing the corporal works of mercy?
Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: So, somebody said, "I have never known love, what is love?" How do you answer? <...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: So, somebody said, "I have never known love, what is love?"

How do you answer?

--hide--

Love is when you know another person their attributes and faults and you choose to love-care about them unconditionally. And because you love them you want them to be happy so you compromise on things that matter such as decorating a home.....
Nov 20th 2012 new
Thank you all for your posts. This is a complicated subject, much more than I thought of, Love is a theological virtue. We are bound to love. We must love.

Trying to find love and one must give love. "God is Love" Do we have a choice? Yes, we do but if we do not love, than there are consequences to it.

1 Cor 13:13 "Love is the greatest thing there is."

Another word for love is charity. ..."it is a divinely infused habit, inclining the human will to cherish God for his own sake above all, and man for the sake of God." ( from the Catholic Encyclopedia. )

www.catholicculture.org

theheart
Nov 20th 2012 new

I will also tell you what it is NOT... love is not something that is to be analyzed from a legalistic point of view.

Nov 20th 2012 new

I think it's Christ-like. You care more about the other person than you do about yourself. And you would give your life for that person, in big ways and small. It's about actions. It's about sacrifice.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13