Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I will also tell you what it is NOT... love is not something that is to be analyzed from a legal...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

I will also tell you what it is NOT... love is not something that is to be analyzed from a legalistic point of view.

--hide--
Love is a gift...you can be the giver or the receiver. It is tender and strong, soft as a feather and firm
as a stern word, love is rewarding and devastating in the same moment. Love is a gift.

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thank you for your post. So, doing things for someone to make them happy is love. Wouldn...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Thank you for your post. So, doing things for someone to make them happy is love.

Wouldn't that fall under doing the corporal works of mercy?
--hide--

Absolutely. In fact, Cindy your question reminds me a bit of my grandparents. They were married very young, but one could tell they were in love not only because they couldnt stop staring into each other´s eyes (or so iv been told)....but because they both looked towards the same direction: Heaven, and the same goal: Sainthood. They always practised the corporal works of mercy towards their neighbours whenever their health would allow.

Before grandda passed away, grandma would feed him, made sure he´d drink enough water, that he was never cold or too warm. In other words she performed those works of mercy towards her closest neighbour: her spouse. It made her happy to tend to him and aid him, and it sure made grandda happy to be tended by her.

The corporal works of mercy are the acts of love that please Our Lord the most, its how we can better display our love for Him and for our neighbours through actions. We make Our Heavenly Father happy, our neighbours happy, and of course ourselves. When you share your meal with a hungry brother, is impossible not to feel joy in the heart and that´s probably cause we make Our Lord Jesus happy everytime we share.

Blessings

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Anna-671172 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thank you for your post. So, doing things for someone to make...
(Quote) Anna-671172 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Thank you for your post. So, doing things for someone to make them happy is love.

Wouldn't that fall under doing the corporal works of mercy?

Absolutely. In fact, Cindy your question reminds me a bit of my grandparents. They were married very young, but one could tell they were in love not only because they couldnt stop staring into each other´s eyes (or so iv been told)....but because they both looked towards the same direction: Heaven, and the same goal: Sainthood. They always practised the corporal works of mercy towards their neighbours whenever their health would allow.

Before grandda passed away, grandma would feed him, made sure he´d drink enough water, that he was never cold or too warm. In other words she performed those works of mercy towards her closest neighbour: her spouse. It made her happy to tend to him and aid him, and it sure made grandda happy to be tended by her.

The corporal works of mercy are the acts of love that please Our Lord the most, its how we can better display our love for Him and for our neighbours through actions. We make Our Heavenly Father happy, our neighbours happy, and of course ourselves. When you share your meal with a hungry brother, is impossible not to feel joy in the heart and that´s probably cause we make Our Lord Jesus happy everytime we share.

Blessings

--hide--

Thank You Anna for sharing such a beautiful story of love. That is what we are all looking for. To share that love that God instilled into us, our very will seeks it and shares it.

theheart
Posts 11 - 13 of 13