Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Someone shared this powerful testament to faith some time ago, and I thought I'd post it again for newer members who may not have seen it:

www.youtube.com

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Someone shared this powerful testament to faith some time ago, and I thought I'd post it agai...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Someone shared this powerful testament to faith some time ago, and I thought I'd post it again for newer members who may not have seen it:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Peter! Thank you for creating this thread. I've been to the Hill three times, and the last two with my son (a couple of the photos we took of this precious place are in my CM scrapbook). We placed a cross of our own each time we were there. It has an amazing atmosphere. Brought me to tears.

Just a note: in the video, not all people are speaking Lithuanian--some Russian, and there might be Polish in there too.

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Someone shared this powerful testament to faith some time ago, and I thought I'd post it agai...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Peter! Thank you for creating this thread. I've been to the Hill three times, and the last two with my son (a couple of the photos we took of this precious place are in my CM scrapbook). We placed a cross of our own each time we were there. It has an amazing atmosphere. Brought me to tears.

Just a note: in the video, not all people are speaking Lithuanian--some Russian, and there might be Polish in there too.

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Peter! Thank you for creating this thread. I've been to the Hill three times, and the last two...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

--hide--
Lina, I had not heard of it until someone (maybe you?) posted it last year. It's history and the fact that people come to see it from all over the world is powerful and fascinating.

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Peter! Thank you for creating this thread. I've been to the Hill three times, and the last two...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

--hide--
I also found the video deeply moving.

11/20/2012 new

Thank you Peter,
I first saw a pic on Lina's profile and was absolutely amazed. It is on my bucket list of things to do (when my ship comes in!)
thanks to both of you!!

11/20/2012 new

I'm thinking...............after this election,,,,,, we should have our own hill of crosses right in the heart of this great country of ours,
a cross for every child aborted, for every child who goes hungry at night, for every ..................

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: I'm thinking...............after this election,,,,,, we should have our own hill of crosses r...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

I'm thinking...............after this election,,,,,, we should have our own hill of crosses right in the heart of this great country of ours,
a cross for every child aborted, for every child who goes hungry at night, for every ..................

--hide--
An excellent idea- just make sure the ACLU doesn't catch wind of it!

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: I'm thinking...............after this election,,,,,, we should have our own hill of crosses r...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

--hide--
What an idea, Karen! One in each state. There are battles regarding Christmas Nativity displays and even saying "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays". Wouldn't it be something if someone with some unused private land would allow a space to become a Hill of Crosses. It could be something people could pursue through their dioceses, then getting the word out to each parish, announcing it at Mass and in the bulletins, making it a school project...... the possibilities abound here! Anyone excited by this idea and interested in trying to make it happen?

11/20/2012 new

Thank you, Peter, for posting this. The video touched my heart! Why aren't we doing somehing like that here in the United States? With the path this country is going down - a holy place like this would be a huge symbolic refuge and statement. (Are you following what is going on in Santa Monica with a 60 yr. old tradition of life- size nativity scenes on city streets now being outlawed because of the atheists and the courts.) I know there are individual shrines all over this country, but they are mostly Catholic. A hill of crosses is not only Catholic, but profoundly Christian.

Posts 1 - 10 of 61