Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.Just wondering...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.

Just wondering what the most difficult class you ever had in school was.

Tell us.

--hide--

Critical reflective practice in grad school which dealt with understanding the basis of our thinking in terms of why a person thinks in a particular way. It also looked at how assumptions, stereotypes are formed and how flawed ways of thinking are maintained over time.

Nov 21st 2012 new

Hardest class? Moral Development for my Masters at USF..tough but MAN....did I learn a lot about Moral Development, theory, etc...It was also my favorite class!

Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Daniele-678076 said: Critical reflective practice in grad school which dealt with understanding the basis of ...
(Quote) Daniele-678076 said:

Critical reflective practice in grad school which dealt with understanding the basis of our thinking in terms of why a person thinks in a particular way. It also looked at how assumptions, stereotypes are formed and how flawed ways of thinking are maintained over time.

--hide--

Daniele said: "understanding the basis of our thinking in terms of why a person thinks in a particular way. It also looked at how assumptions, stereotypes are formed and how flawed ways of thinking are maintained over time."

I would love to take that class!! The name doesn't sound inviting though.
Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Christie-910934 said: Hardest class? Moral Development for my Masters at USF..tough but MAN....did I learn a lot about Moral Dev...
(Quote) Christie-910934 said:

Hardest class? Moral Development for my Masters at USF..tough but MAN....did I learn a lot about Moral Development, theory, etc...It was also my favorite class!

--hide--

Many of my hardest classes were my favorites as well.

good night everyone!
Nov 21st 2012 new

Research and Methodology - 1st year of college.

Weekly assignments of being sent near and far searching

for some obscure entity. For each reference cited, we were

required to supply the length and width of the book in centimeters

to prove that we actually referenced the book. We also

hunted for the information with the knowledge that there

was a chance that that there was no such thing, as the

instructor occasionally assigned bogus subjects to

research.

Nov 21st 2012 new

I've always done very well in school, except for 2 classes:

One of these classes I studied daily, did all the homework no matter how long it took, used the notes my sister took when she had the same class/professor, and was the first one to start classwork, and the last to finish. After I took the first exam, worth 25% of the entire grade, I had it graded by my professor right after class. I got a 7%. This was Accounting, and it was the first class I ever had to drop.

The second class I enrolled in as a Freshman. I studied hard, I even got myself a private tutor to no avail, I had to Audit the class. I took it again as a Sophomore, as an online class. Again I had a tutor and and had help from the online classmates. I had to drop the class after 5weeks. The third time I took this class was the very next semester; I was at a new university, and had high hopes. I got a D, which did not transfer with me when I left the school. Finally, at my 3rd college, I waited until my very last semester as a Senior, while I was living on the other side of the country and working fulltime, to try this class again via procter- it was now or never, my graduating would depend on it. I got an A! This Subject of Most Horros was: Basic College Algebra.

Long stories short: I suck at math.

Nov 21st 2012 new

Im CMs bad boy so I have NO class. mischievous

Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) Nelson-905199 said: The most difficult class that I ever took was during my senior year in high school. It was...
(Quote) Nelson-905199 said:

The most difficult class that I ever took was during my senior year in high school. It was a computer programming class. The reason that it was difficult was that the class was different from all the other classes that I had taken. The final grade that I received from the class was a 'B'. This course prepared me for my computer science courses in college.

--hide--

Programming courses can be fun. I had the fun of being the first to hand in a Fortran midterm. I finished in about 30 minutes, looked around the room and kept going over the test for another 20 minutes wondering what I missed. Shortly after I handed the test in, the professor (actually he was also a Dean at the time) popped his head out the door and askted to talk to me. His comment was that I had him worried (he saw me looking around, I suppose). I asked what I missed (nothing), and why it appeared everyone was still writing. The next two came out and we were talking rather guarded about the tests difficulty. The next guy comes out and just had to ask what the three of us had done to the curve. apparantly after the third left, the Professor asked why people were still writing, and got the answer that it was a "hard" test. the Professor apparantly replied that he had graded the first 3 tests, and handed out 3 100's already.

Programming got harder.
Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Well, Cat -- that's proof that God has a sense of humor.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Well, Cat -- that's proof that God has a sense of humor.....

--hide--

He sure does, Ray! biggrin

Cat

Nov 21st 2012 new

Good grief man! Now you're givin' me Fortran flashbacks! laughing

(Quote) Chris-280015 said: Programming courses can be fun. I had the fun of being the first to hand in a Fortran midterm. I fin...
(Quote) Chris-280015 said:
Programming courses can be fun. I had the fun of being the first to hand in a Fortran midterm. I finished in about 30 minutes, looked around the room and kept going over the test for another 20 minutes wondering what I missed. Shortly after I handed the test in, the professor (actually he was also a Dean at the time) popped his head out the door and askted to talk to me. His comment was that I had him worried (he saw me looking around, I suppose). I asked what I missed (nothing), and why it appeared everyone was still writing. The next two came out and we were talking rather guarded about the tests difficulty. The next guy comes out and just had to ask what the three of us had done to the curve. apparantly after the third left, the Professor asked why people were still writing, and got the answer that it was a "hard" test. the Professor apparantly replied that he had graded the first 3 tests, and handed out 3 100's already.

Programming got harder.
--hide--

Posts 41 - 50 of 96