Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 2nd 2013 new
I loved Biology in high school so I took Zoology my first semester of college...ummm m yeah that was a mistake. I never knew it involved so much time looking through a microscope eyepopping .... Ended up taking Biology when I had to withdraw from that class.....
Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.Just wondering...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.

Just wondering what the most difficult class you ever had in school was.

Tell us.

--hide--

Physics and Math subjects in highschool....and again, Mathematics subjects in college and Statistics in my Masteral Degree. Whew! why we need to study Mathematics.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Probubley Inglitch grammer.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Probubley Inglitch grammer.

--hide--

That is too funny. laughing laughing laughing laughing My daughter and I were both cracking up.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.Just wondering...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Doesn't matter when - middle school, grad school, somewhere in between.

Just wondering what the most difficult class you ever had in school was.

Tell us.

--hide--

Organic Chemistry. Even though I am a mathematician by nature and Math and Physics are my strongest subjects, I am truly rubbish at Chemistry. I just don't get it. boggled boggled

Feb 3rd 2013 new
Inductive mathematics, officially known as discrete mathematics for computing. I took it twice and could not wrap my brain around it. It's what pushed me out of computer science and into electrical engineering. CS required the course, EE did not.
Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I managed to take one year's worth of Organic Chemistry with lab in 8 weeks of summ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I managed to take one year's worth of Organic Chemistry with lab in 8 weeks of summer session. It was unbelievable - and actually I later found out that medical school was even worse in terms of sheer volume, fast pace, and difficulty of information.

--hide--

Mine was the same, Organic Chemistry. I had been so used to Physical Chemistry, which was actually my favorite subject. Organic Chemistry seemed to have so much blind memorization of functional groups.

I think memorized items have to go into my brain in a way in which they can be recalled well - I wasn't sure of the tree structure for how this was to be stored at the time.

(I have a computer science, biology, earth science and business accounting background that I pick this one from).

Feb 3rd 2013 new

It was a interpersonal/professional communications paper I did for my nursing degree. I failed it. Twice. Granted, the second time I failed I didn't know I'd been re-enrolled automatically. I found out the day before the assignment was due. Funnily enough, they had to change the wording of the essay for the paper too, because I saw a major grammatical quirk in the wording which didn't express the meaning properly.

I'm pretty shocking at communication. Mind you, I got 98% 3rd time round. Being kicked out of the degree all together is a fine motivator.

Feb 4th 2013 new
Educational research and statistics.... It was this professor's first time teaching it, and I heard they never had her teach it again. I somehow got an A... And a lot of grey hair!
Feb 7th 2013 new

Pharmacology! Oh, the time I spent studying for that class... boggled

Feb 7th 2013 new

Oh, I forgot about the interpersonal communication class! I also had to take that for my nursing degree and had to write a huge paper. That was a very difficult class as well.

Posts 81 - 90 of 96