Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Once upon a Thanksgiving...

Nov 20th 2012 new

...mom bought her 1st turkey with a pop-up timer in it - the little red jobber that is supposed to pop up when the turkey is done. We had all kinds of family in from out of town, a ham, pies, all the other trimmings. That bird cooked for HOURS and that pop up thing never budged. Mom was crushed. We went ahead and started carving up the ham, sat down, and started eating. I decided to check it one last time....and it popped before my very eyes. Silly turkey...

What's your Thanksgiving funny story?

Nov 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: ...mom bought her 1st turkey with a pop-up timer in it - the little red jobber that is supposed to pop up wh...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

...mom bought her 1st turkey with a pop-up timer in it - the little red jobber that is supposed to pop up when the turkey is done. We had all kinds of family in from out of town, a ham, pies, all the other trimmings. That bird cooked for HOURS and that pop up thing never budged. Mom was crushed. We went ahead and started carving up the ham, sat down, and started eating. I decided to check it one last time....and it popped before my very eyes. Silly turkey...

What's your Thanksgiving funny story?

--hide--

I once put a pound of butter in a 12 lb smoked turkey eyepopping I had always heard smoked turkey was dry - I guarantee this one wasn't wink
Nov 21st 2012 new

I had a friend who had a hunting dog who jumped up on the table and ran away with their butterball. They went out for Chinese. bulldog Turkey!

Posts 1 - 3 of 3