Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I haven't met a woman who fit that bill since I broke up with my last girlfriend a few years back. Al...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I haven't met a woman who fit that bill since I broke up with my last girlfriend a few years back. Although I did meet one woman who came close about a year and a half ago, but I was out of work at that point.

It went nowhere because I was a bit of a sad sack at the time. Things have turned around since then.
--hide--

Having met a few women in life that you were/are attracted to both physically and intellectually tells you she's out there! Keep going! Praying hug

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Nicholas-919470 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: get her to talk
(Quote) Nicholas-919470 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

get her to talk

This is one of the most important things a person should understand. The majority of people on this Earth love talking about themselves. You just have to go fishing at first. A person will give a longer response to a question about a topic that one is interested in. If someone you are talking to is giving short answers to questions, obviously they are not interested in discussing this topic (Not necessarily you, so don't get discouraged.) If you catch this person hook, line, and sinker, and have them interested in the question you have asked, follow up on their responses. The interrogatives who, what, where, how, and why can get you 30 minutes to an hour of conversation if you structure them accordingly and this person will be doing all of the talking.

Asking them questions and recieving both positive and negative responses will help you evaluate these people as time spent with them goes on. As you get more comfortable with this, you will be less shy and awkward.

--hide--

Nick Absolutely has the right idea. I need to come back and read more carefully- But it is all here!

Nov 21st 2012 new
Any suggestions for getting women to talk about themselves?
Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Marie-731748 said: Hi John, I do not think that being shy means you are awkward or boring. I used to be shy ...
(Quote) Marie-731748 said:

Hi John, I do not think that being shy means you are awkward or boring. I used to be shy (well, I am still a bit!) a tip from me that has opened many doors is to smile. You do not necessarily need to say a lot as long as you are honest and show a smiling face. From a woman's point of view I much rather be with a man who may express himself with fewer but honest and direct words than with one with too many and empty ones. Still, try to show interest towards a woman (if such is your intention) otherwise she might confuse your shyness with lack of interest. Good luck!

--hide--
Marie well said. Yes a man that shows interest towards a woman he is interested in is a good thing. You do not have to talk a lot at all. Listening is very important too. To show interest you could ask the girl you would like to get to know questions about herself. Not too many because then it would sound like an interview. Just a few and listen to what she says. Now I am not suggesting that you have to do all the work......no. She should listen to you also and show interest by asking you questions also. I used to be shy also. I found if I ask questions but not too many the conversation gets started and before you know it you will forget that you are shy. Really it works.

Nov 21st 2012 new
I had a female best friend for about 5 1/2 years, so I learned a lot about listening from her.

But I stopped talking with her after I realized I liked her too much and she wasn't into me that way.
Nov 21st 2012 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Any suggestions for getting women to talk about themselves?
(Quote) John-220051 said: Any suggestions for getting women to talk about themselves?
--hide--

Ask them questions about what they like to do in their spare time..... scratchchin
Nov 21st 2012 new

John- Thank You for putting up this post. I also I am very shy when talking to females, and I have got a lot out of the advise you have been given. Hang in there.

Nov 21st 2012 new

Just be yourself. I'm sure your amazing. thumbsup

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: John- Thank You for putting up this post. I also I am very shy when talking to females, and I h...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

John- Thank You for putting up this post. I also I am very shy when talking to females, and I have got a lot out of the advise you have been given. Hang in there.

--hide--

Yeah, I know the feeling... my shyness is definitely my Achillies Heel! sad

theheart

Nov 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Yeah, I know the feeling... my shyness is definitely my Achillies Heel!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Yeah, I know the feeling... my shyness is definitely my Achillies Heel!

--hide--
I can't believe you are shy!
Posts 41 - 50 of 67