Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: hi Zoom, how have you been?
(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said:

hi Zoom, how have you been?

--hide--
Zoomy
Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: (Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: It is warm with very severe thunderstorms m...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Quote:
MaryAnne-458794 said:

It is warm with very severe thunderstorms mixed in with a few tornado watches....-4 Guess you won't be hiking or bike riding anytime soon so when you coming down to thaw out????

Oh, no, Mary Anne... no bike riding until at least middle of May, the snow will last until April at least, and the trails will be slippery until May.

Still no trips planned. My friend down there just became a grand-daddy, so he is a bit preoccupied, plus he might be having a surgery soon. I have been googling "HR Jobs in Clearwater" at least once a week, however ... but I don't know that I want to take that big of a risk to quit working here to find work elsewhere. Just getting tired of the 4-below mornings

--hide--

Snow is beautiful but that cold weather sure would get to me after being down here for so many years so I understand when you say you are tired of the -4 mornings. Do you check out our unemployment website? If not, you should. I truly believe if you are meant to move anywhere else and find a new job that God will put you in the job He wants you to be in and everything will work out the way God plans. How is your decluttering going?

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: Snow is beautiful but that cold weather sure would get to me after being down her...

Snow is beautiful but that cold weather sure would get to me after being down here for so many years so I understand when you say you are tired of the -4 mornings. Do you check out our unemployment website? If not, you should. I truly believe if you are meant to move anywhere else and find a new job that God will put you in the job He wants you to be in and everything will work out the way God plans. How is your decluttering going?

--hide--

I mostly look at at Indeed.com, and also the professional HR (SHRM) organization's job site. Would be nice to maybe get in with a company here that also has a location down there, to transfer to.

Decluttering during the fall went nice. I contracted with a friend to do some bathroom and kitchen remodeling and painting. I pulled everything out of my kitchen cabinets, and vowed to only put back half of it. I brought several boxes of mostly kitchen stuff to the Goodwill that week! A little slower now, until the weather warms up again.

Dec 10th 2012 new
So did you eat any holiday foods while decluttering... wow how a topic changes... LOL!

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I mostly look at at Indeed.com, and also the professional HR (SHRM) organization's job site. Would be...

I mostly look at at Indeed.com, and also the professional HR (SHRM) organization's job site. Would be nice to maybe get in with a company here that also has a location down there, to transfer to.

Decluttering during the fall went nice. I contracted with a friend to do some bathroom and kitchen remodeling and painting. I pulled everything out of my kitchen cabinets, and vowed to only put back half of it. I brought several boxes of mostly kitchen stuff to the Goodwill that week! A little slower now, until the weather warms up again.

--hide--
Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I mostly look at at Indeed.com, and also the professional HR (SHRM) organization's job s...

--hide--

I would check out the Florida unemployment site, Employ Florida Marketplace; you never know where you might find a job.

Glad to hear the decluttering project went well and I am sure when it was all done you felt great about the accomplishment. I am working on that myself...emptied out one of the bedrooms and sorting through lots of old papers right now and hoping to throw out and/or shred at least half of what is in that room. When I am done I will be turning the Captain's Bed into a day bed and move my computer from the kitchen pass through into the bedroom behind the door; sort of making it a den I guess. Just wish there was a way I could fit my treadmill in that bedroom! I cannot wait until I am done with this project. I am off tomorrow and with the rainy weather I will probably just stay in and sort through old papers all day after sleeping in during the AM. I am wanting to repaint the room but am not sure I want to tackle it myself since the last time I painted I was a very little girl and seem to recall making a big mess.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) John-759808 said: So did you eat any holiday foods while decluttering... wow how a topic changes... LOL! (Quote)
(Quote) John-759808 said: So did you eat any holiday foods while decluttering... wow how a topic changes... LOL!

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

--hide--

Hi John, my favorite holiday food during Thanksgiving is the leftover cold turkey sandwich with lots of mayo and stuffing the next day; only problem, is no leftovers this year weeping weeping weeping weeping

Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: Snow is beautiful but that cold weather sure would get to me after being down here for s...

--hide--

Mary Anne is back!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin Yeah!!!!
Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Snipe!
Ever wanted to go SNIPE hunting?

"Ever wanted to go SNIPE hunting?"

Yes this is a hijack. Any s that want to help orgsnize a holiday snipe hunt for the love...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Snipe!
Ever wanted to go SNIPE hunting?

"Ever wanted to go SNIPE hunting?"

Yes this is a hijack. Any s that want to help orgsnize a holiday snipe hunt for the lovely s? Look for my thread in the cave please.
--hide--

Ummm I used to lead snipe hunts...lol scratchchin scratchchin eyebrow
Dec 10th 2012 new
Not much for mayo or stuffing. Turkey didn't fare well however on that day... :)

Need to declutter myself. hmmm...

(Quote) MaryAnne-458794 said: Hi John, my favorite holiday food during Thanksgiving is the leftover cold turkey sandwi...

Hi John, my favorite holiday food during Thanksgiving is the leftover cold turkey sandwich with lots of mayo and stuffing the next day; only problem, is no leftovers this year

--hide--
Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said: Hi Pubsters! Got an email that I can post for a week so thought I would stop by and see how everyone...
(Quote) Barbara-605462 said:

Hi Pubsters!

Got an email that I can post for a week so thought I would stop by and see how everyone is doing.

--hide--

hug Welcome back Barbara!!! hug
Posts 61 - 70 of 200