Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

12/24/2012 new

(Quote) Heather-832194 said: It's good that a few people are interested in a Central Florida Meet-up. I'm new at thi...
(Quote) Heather-832194 said:

It's good that a few people are interested in a Central Florida Meet-up. I'm new at this so my planner skills aren't developed...

I suggest somewhere in Orlando that isn't too commercialized, or Kissimmee (smaller & more quiant than Orlando), or the Beaches.

Are any other ideas floating around? (i.e. January, Feb, March... 2013?)

--hide--

Heather,

Sounds like a great idea. I agree... it is best to stay away from the "super touristy" places. A venue where attendees can more easily focus on getting to know each other would be nice.

Also, as this is your first posted message here, welcome to the site! wave wink shhh

Michael

12/24/2012 new

Just pick a date, post it, remind folks by sending out reminders here in the forums, ask for numbers so reservations may be made, start simple like a mass and brunch or museum visit etc, remember, 'where two or three are gathered in my name...' Here in the NYC area a group of us started with the mass and brunches monthly and although we've fallen out of practice (life gets in the way) we have established some really nice friendships, the last gathering we had last month was visiting the 9/11 Memorial but first we had mass and brunch. So start small, it's not difficult, don't be afraid and it's a good time to step out of our comfort zones (boy can I relate!) MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THE HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS FOR MY CM PEEPS!!santahat xmastree wreath

12/31/2012 new

Any new up dates for this meeting?

GBU all

01/01/2013 new

I live outside of Tampa...if there is something planned...I'd love to attend.

Also...How about a CENTRAL FL LUNCH/DINNER....that way, people from east coast...west coast and parts inbetween can get together.

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Heather-832194 said: It's good that a few people are interested in a Central Florida Meet-up. I'm new at thi...
(Quote) Heather-832194 said:

It's good that a few people are interested in a Central Florida Meet-up. I'm new at this so my planner skills aren't developed...

I suggest somewhere in Orlando that isn't too commercialized, or Kissimmee (smaller & more quiant than Orlando), or the Beaches.

Are any other ideas floating around? (i.e. January, Feb, March... 2013?)

--hide--

hey Guys and Gals..

I agree a Fl meet is way overdue. I have some extra time on my hands and may start researching possible locations and venues. If someone wants to help out send me a msg. Let's shoot for March/April, which may give us time to really put something together. biggrin Praying

02/05/2013 new

(Quote) Wilma-23758 said: Hi Beth Ann and Dave: I had been out of this site for about 3 years; just back a week ago. ...
(Quote) Wilma-23758 said:

Hi Beth Ann and Dave:

I had been out of this site for about 3 years; just back a week ago. Back then (3+ yrs ago) we had a Central Florida group, with people from Sarasota to Orlando. With the blessing that some of them got married and started family, and the other... well I don't know.

Well, maybe one of you can start a group, or just get-together (dinner at a restaurant, etc). That would be fun.

We had a weekend at St. Augustine, dinner in Orlando, bowling afternoon at Channelside, a day at Bush Garden, beach day at Ft. De Soto. Just to give you an idea.

Will be nice to have something like this again.

--hide--
Hi Wilma----i just came back to CM about a week ago-----i see there is a number of people who are interested in a get together----i did enjoy the couple times in Orlando(first time was just dinner had 12 people there--2nd time minature golf/dinner--?10 people )--and the beach day at FT.DeSoto)---look forward for another get together---Peter(:

02/12/2013 new
I join to the group , don't forget of south floridians CM . St Agustin sounds good and also Orlando. Make a plan and keep inform us . Look forward for a get together .
02/17/2013 new
(Quote) Sue-165644 said: I live outside of Tampa...if there is something planned...I'd love to attend. Also...Ho...
(Quote) Sue-165644 said:

I live outside of Tampa...if there is something planned...I'd love to attend.

Also...How about a CENTRAL FL LUNCH/DINNER....that way, people from east coast...west coast and parts inbetween can get together.

--hide--
I live in Iowa but very familiar with st. Pete/ Tampa area and would join if I am n the area. Just keep me informed on any gathering!
02/18/2013 new

So, Dave, are you going to orchestrate this? Sounds like you got people interested and if it is towards the beginning of summer vacation, I'll probably be there too. I go to Florida first month of June!

02/19/2013 new

Hello everybody! I have been on and off on this site for a while. I am new to this forum. I'd love to participate in a meet up for

Floridians. St. Augustine/ Orlando, any place sounds great, although mass, a lunch, a trip to a museum or any other

historical place sound delightful! Great ideas all.

I agree, coordinate and let us now in advance. Gisele, I am from Miami too. Perhaps we can coordinate and travel together

I think it is a wonderful opportunity to make new friends, a welcome change of scenario and routine.

Also, I would love to participate in a retreat for divorced people. Gisele, if you hear about one offered here in Miami please let me know

Thank you and nice to meet you all

Mercy

Posts 11 - 20 of 29