Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Hi! wave I'm so excited to announce that my friends and I have finalized our event that will take place in the coming weeks. It's called Spoke-N-Word. It's a series of conversations on single life and the blessed sacrament. hyper

This event will take place the first five Mondays of the new year at San Jose Catholic Church Community Center (2435 Oak Crest Ave) in Austin from 7pm-9pm. Our speakers are amazing! clap Please message me to RSVP. This is a free event.

Topics include:

Holiness & Prayerfullness for Singles January 7

Discernment & Service January 14

Loneliness vs. Solitude January 21

Theology of the Body January 28

Self Image & Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with Praise & Worship February 4

Nov 21st 2012 new

Sounds good. Thanks for putting this together.

I see it's on the diocese website - www.austindiocese.org

Will try to mention it to others. Should also work through the parish young adult groups around town. And of course Facebook.

Nov 21st 2012 new

Oh I didn't know it was on the diocese page. Yes, we do have a social network site, but I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it on the forums. I've been contacting all of the young adult group leaders this morning. We just finalized everything at last night's meeting. thumbsup Please, please spread the word!

Nov 21st 2012 new
Yep this will be good. I hope the recorded version works out too, that way we can share with all our friends on CM!
Nov 21st 2012 new

In case anyone is searching for our group on the internet. We call ourselves Austin Catholic Singles. Not to be confused with Single Catholics of Austin. They are a group that spun off from us. We are a group that formed after meeting each other at the National Catholic Singles Conference in San Antonio 2011.

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-731971 said: In case anyone is searching for our group on the internet. We call ourselves Austin Cath...
(Quote) Brenda-731971 said:

In case anyone is searching for our group on the internet. We call ourselves Austin Catholic Singles.

--hide--

Okay, so I just Googled our groups name and a dating site popped up shocked That's not us! CowGirl

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-731971 said: Okay, so I just Googled our groups name and a dating site popped up That's not us!<...
(Quote) Brenda-731971 said:

Okay, so I just Googled our groups name and a dating site popped up That's not us!

--hide--
That sounds very good Brenda! I will try to spread the word up herewink

Nov 21st 2012 new

What a great idea! Thank you Brenda for putting this together wave

Nov 21st 2012 new

Wish I was closer. This sounds very good.

Nov 21st 2012 new

Great event! Thanks for your work on it - I understand putting things together takes effort!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Posts 1 - 10 of 48