Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Hi Brian, I got hit at the beginning of the year. A raise of $700 a year on deductible and...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Hi Brian, I got hit at the beginning of the year. A raise of $700 a year on deductible and $128 more a month on premiums. When I called my insurance to see if I could go to an even lower plan (this one is $4200 deductible a year!) he said try and wait and pray that Obama doesn't get re elected. Well, that happened. The stinger for me is since I had a plan already (a grandfathered plan) I don't get the preventative care. In other words I am being penalized for always carrying individual coverage I have to take a new plan if I want those "perks" which will raise my premiums even higher. I tried to warn as many people as possible from a personal experience view and as you well know they didn't listen. I was at my sister's and my brother in law is a doctor and he was raving about how great Obamacare is. HA!!!! wait till he has to deal with the real issues of it. He is ob-gyn and would never do an abortion....well now he will be forced to. I just said, 'well, the first thing I would do is have someone read it' LOL!! Can't fight on Thanksgiving:)
We will get through this. The martyrs for Jesus suffered much more. We need to follow in His footsteps. They didn't even have health insurance in His day:)

--hide--

Hi Laura, I can definitely feel for you, along with all small business owners who can only offer a high deductible plan. I have a lower deductible, but our company had averaged $20-$30/year increases in annual premiums for the past 5 years. Now we get hit, with one stroke of the pen, 5-6x that amount for "lifestyle" choices. I don't have a problem with most of what was written into the change for the well-women care option (only that some of it in regards to additional doctor referrals seemed a bit open-ended and vague), but the rest of it was simply there to allow people to go about their merry way with no accountability in life at everyone else's expense, regardless of moral convictions. And let's face it, I doubt there would even be one of the most extreme liberals on this site who would attempt to argue that forcing everyone to pay for someone else's sterilization procedure is morally acceptable.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Hi Brian, I got hit at the beginning of the year. A raise of $700 a year on deductible and...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Hi Brian, I got hit at the beginning of the year. A raise of $700 a year on deductible and $128 more a month on premiums. When I called my insurance to see if I could go to an even lower plan (this one is $4200 deductible a year!) he said try and wait and pray that Obama doesn't get re elected. Well, that happened. The stinger for me is since I had a plan already (a grandfathered plan) I don't get the preventative care. In other words I am being penalized for always carrying individual coverage I have to take a new plan if I want those "perks" which will raise my premiums even higher. I tried to warn as many people as possible from a personal experience view and as you well know they didn't listen. I was at my sister's and my brother in law is a doctor and he was raving about how great Obamacare is. HA!!!! wait till he has to deal with the real issues of it. He is ob-gyn and would never do an abortion....well now he will be forced to. I just said, 'well, the first thing I would do is have someone read it' LOL!! Can't fight on Thanksgiving:)
We will get through this. The martyrs for Jesus suffered much more. We need to follow in His footsteps. They didn't even have health insurance in His day:)

--hide--

Wow, I'm so surprised to hear a doctor in favor of Obamacare (especially an OB/Gyn). Every single physician I talk to here was/is dreading it and not voting for Obama (although I'm sure some of the die-hard democrats did). One surgeon's comment to me was how could an intelligent person vote for Obama? Is this the liberal California mindset (similar, but different, to the Chicago democratic mindset)?

Nov 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Wow, I'm so surprised to hear a doctor in favor of Obamacare (especially an OB/Gyn). Every single...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Wow, I'm so surprised to hear a doctor in favor of Obamacare (especially an OB/Gyn). Every single physician I talk to here was/is dreading it and not voting for Obama (although I'm sure some of the die-hard democrats did). One surgeon's comment to me was how could an intelligent person vote for Obama? Is this the liberal California mindset (similar, but different, to the Chicago democratic mindset)?

--hide--

I'm going to say the intelligent ones did not. But sadly, the election proved that our country is now a majority of fools.
Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Wow, I'm so surprised to hear a doctor in favor of Obamacare (especially an OB/Gyn)...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

--hide--

Back story on my brother-in-law. He is a Palestinian from Jordan. They own a condo in Jordan. Has been a U.S. citizen (double citizenship) for over 35 years because he came here to go to Medical School in Washington D.C. (no less). Comes from a huge Muslim family, many are in this country. Is now a proclaimed Athiest because how can there be a God that lets people suffer...etc. I don't believe for a moment he doesn't believe in God, he is a moral, wonderful physician who is well liked. He is just between a huge Muslim family and a huge Catholic family and this is his way out. SO, as you can see he as ISSUES. He thinks we need some type of medical reform, he doesn't get it that Obamacare is not it. He is a typical liberal who has his head in the sand. Honestly, from what I've seen, Mideasterners don't even comprehend what it means to be an American and their loyalty is always for their country of origin. They do not assimilate. Makes family gatherings interesting. I just keep my mouth shut for love of my sister.

Posts 21 - 24 of 24