Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Nov 27th 2012 new

Gotcha...kids adapt much better than adults ever give them credit for. I'm watching my grandson (5) come to terms about his father's place in his life. He is piecing it together, but it breaks my heart. The only thing I can draw on is how my parents were for me, how Donna was/is with her kids, and how I have raised mine. Trust me, the high road is often full of potholes. heart

Nov 29th 2012 new

It took a few years of battling anger & bitterness, but I am now very grateful that both my ex spouse & I have come to a place of peace.... not just the grin & bear it type but a true & genuine peace. I think we both realized that for the sake of the kids, whom we both love, this was the higher path. I know all the children appreciate our efforts on this too. I have frequent dealings with him because of the kids, but he also helps out with various guy things like keeping my car running etc. We are even able to attend extended holiday functions together without any strife.

I think to handle this emotionally, I have placed him in an "uncle" role, someone to whom I'm related to but without any emotional or physical intimacy expected or needed. The only answer I have as to how this came about is lots & lots & lots & lots of prayer...

What I now wonder about is how things are going to change when either one of us finds that new love. I'm trusting that Our Good Lord will point the way on this too... *sigh* rose rose rose

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: It took a few years of battling anger & bitterness, but I am now very grateful that both my ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

It took a few years of battling anger & bitterness, but I am now very grateful that both my ex spouse & I have come to a place of peace.... not just the grin & bear it type but a true & genuine peace. I think we both realized that for the sake of the kids, whom we both love, this was the higher path. I know all the children appreciate our efforts on this too. I have frequent dealings with him because of the kids, but he also helps out with various guy things like keeping my car running etc. We are even able to attend extended holiday functions together without any strife.

I think to handle this emotionally, I have placed him in an "uncle" role, someone to whom I'm related to but without any emotional or physical intimacy expected or needed. The only answer I have as to how this came about is lots & lots & lots & lots of prayer...

What I now wonder about is how things are going to change when either one of us finds that new love. I'm trusting that Our Good Lord will point the way on this too... *sigh*

--hide--

Good advice Debbie. I grin and bear it for the children too, but not so much because I'm angry but because I look at our family as a gift and can't imagine ever not wanting to be a part of it. It is from sadness for my children, but they seem to be doing great so I guess I need to reexamine those feelings lol.

Posts 21 - 23 of 23