Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Dec 12th 2012 new

Thank you for this post, very enlightening and eyeopening, and thanks Mia for the Prayer Praying rosary theheart

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-351334 said: Thanks for posting this! I always love reading these things. They help to keep me in line. Here...
(Quote) Judy-351334 said:

Thanks for posting this! I always love reading these things. They help to keep me in line. Here's a link to Gloria Polo. She died and was granted to come back to life. This is her judgement. Boy, did I make a good Confession after reading this one. I still have to read your link.

testimony-polo.blogspot.com

--hide--

Thank you for posting this Judy! wave

I had wanted to read this for some time. It's amazing testimony. theheart

Dec 12th 2012 new

You're welcome Cathy! wave

Thank you to the CMers who posted it some time back and thanks to God for giving it to us.

theheart

Dec 12th 2012 new
Unfortunately this kind of reading has gone out of fashion in catholic circles. I think responsible catholics really need to promote these kinds of books with freinds and aquantances. Most people today, including some catholics, will roll their eyes at these unbelievable stories but I firmly believe many of them are true. There are a few other good books on the subject of Purgatory and these come to mind: "Purgatory" (explained) by Fr. F.X. Schouppe S.J. and "Hungry souls" by Gerard Van Der Ardweg. The second book contains a good number of photos of actual burned hand prints left by visiting souls in purgatory. Very interesting stuff!
Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Sergio-566645 said: Unfortunately this kind of reading has gone out of fashion in catholic circles. I think responsible cat...
(Quote) Sergio-566645 said: Unfortunately this kind of reading has gone out of fashion in catholic circles. I think responsible catholics really need to promote these kinds of books with freinds and aquantances. Most people today, including some catholics, will roll their eyes at these unbelievable stories but I firmly believe many of them are true. There are a few other good books on the subject of Purgatory and these come to mind: "Purgatory" (explained) by Fr. F.X. Schouppe S.J. and "Hungry souls" by Gerard Van Der Ardweg. The second book contains a good number of photos of actual burned hand prints left by visiting souls in purgatory. Very interesting stuff!

--hide--

I heard about the Hungry Souls book.

The article on Gloria Polo was great. Read the whole thing. Very moving and helpful.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Thank you for posting this Judy! I had wanted to read this for some time. It's...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Thank you for posting this Judy!

I had wanted to read this for some time. It's amazing testimony.

--hide--

You're welcome, Maia! wave And yes, it sure is!

Dec 19th 2012 new

Manual of Indulgences, should be on every one's shelf.

I agree that the above topic of purgatory should be discussed, but what are we all doing about it? I think the best thing we all can do is go out and buy a manual of indulgences. It is the official book as issued by the vatican and the translation authorized by the US council of catholic bishops containing the prayers and works which carry with them indulgences that can be offered up ourselves or deceased souls for the remittance of temporal punishments due to our sins or those of deceased souls.

Its a book that should be read and thoroughly incorporated into our prayer lives as faithful catholics. No other devotional book can compare because they are not issued by the keeper of the keys.

FYI, the "Manual of Indulgences" is the 4th edition of the "Enchiridion Indulgentium" the "Handbook of Indulgences" (is an outdated 3rd edition of the same book) The "Raccolata" is also an outdated edition of the Enchridion book from before the second vatican council. Many of the prayers are still partially indulgenced but should be read in light of the current grants.

Manual of Indulgences from USCCB website

www.usccbpublishing.org

ENCHIRIDION INDULGENTIARUM from vatican website

www.vatican.va

Get a copy and use it, simple! wink

Posts 11 - 17 of 17