Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

11/23/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm

asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also b

e interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

--hide--

I'm cheating but I want all 5 plus a 6th...holiness!
11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: I'm cheating but I want all 5 plus a 6th...holiness!
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said:

--hide--

Yes, Gustavo, this was a secular poll, so we will assume that every man on here wants holiness!

Now if you had the holiness and had to pick the one of these that was the MOST important to you, what would it be? (And, by the way, congrats for being the first man to venture an answer here).

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

--hide--

scratchchin Good topic Patricia !! and way to get the guys talking but why aren't the men responding? Ok I know it is the day after Thanksgiving and you just posted this .. I am curious as to what they have to say. I have a question similar in my interview but the answers are different..Many guys have chosen Honesty over the ones that I have listed.

I would pick #3 a good heart if the those were catagories for women to chose for in what they want there man to have. Then 5, 4 2 and 1

Ok a lady has spoken... Let's hear it from the men wink

Kathleen smile

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: I'm cheating but I want all 5 plus a 6th...holiness!
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said:

--hide--

clap clap clap

Yay Thanks Gustavo sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.. You get a gold star You get a Gold Star! for being the first man to respond..

Kathleen wave

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Yay Thanks Gustavo sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.. You ge...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Yay Thanks Gustavo sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.. You get a gold star for being the first man to respond..

Kathleen

--hide--

Kathleen, would you be interested in starting a similar thread for the women to vote for their choice? I'm sure we would get many, many responses in that thread as the women here are definitely not shy about voicing their opinions! And, for everyone responding let us all assume that holiness would be the top choice if it was there and that any woman a man on this site would want, that holiness would be his top pick.

So, we're waiting for you to respond, guys - where are you?

11/23/2012 new

1 for sure! lovestruck!

Okay, seriously. 4 and 5 kind of are requirements. I need a woman I can trust to help minister to family needs when I'm working a ridiculous rotating shift schedule. But 3 is really a requirement, too. So, maybe if she has number 3, then number 4 will fall into place most of the time. And number 5. Well, generally guys and gals with markedly different intelligence don't date (for long.)

Michael

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing throug...

Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

Good topic Patricia !! and way to get the guys talking but why aren't the men responding? Ok I know it is the day after Thanksgiving and you just posted this .. I am curious as to what they have to say. I have a question similar in my interview but the answers are different..Many guys have chosen Honesty over the ones that I have listed.

I would pick #3 a good heart if the those were catagories for women to chose for in what they want there man to have. Then 5, 4 2 and 1

Ok a lady has spoken... Let's hear it from the men

Kathleen

--hide--

Men think this is a "Do I look fat in this dress?" type of question.. laughing laughing

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: 1 for sure! Okay, seriously. 4 and 5 kind of are requirements. I need a woman I...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

1 for sure!

Okay, seriously. 4 and 5 kind of are requirements. I need a woman I can trust to help minister to family needs when I'm working a ridiculous rotating shift schedule. But 3 is really a requirement, too. So, maybe if she has number 3, then number 4 will fall into place most of the time. And number 5. Well, generally guys and gals with markedly different intelligence don't date (for long.)

Michael

--hide--

Thanks for responding, Michael! But, if I'm to eventually tally votes, do you think you could pick one answer that would be the MOST important to you (not saying that the others aren't important to you)?

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: (Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: I'm cheating but I want all 5 plus a 6t...

Quote:
Gustavo-764558 said:

Yay Thanks Gustavo sorry I didn't see your post before I posted.. You get a gold star for being the first man to respond..

Kathleen

--hide--

He also gets a knight-errant and a Bow

God bless! theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 194