Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-826692 said: All in the list are great qualities in a desirable women However as a first choice I would have...
(Quote) Michael-826692 said:

All in the list are great qualities in a desirable women However as a first choice I would have to go for Intelligence because I would suggest intelligence is the best indicator of capacity for Intimacy. uh huh

--hide--
wave Welcome to the fora Michael! Intelligence, yes, indeed! uh huh!! biggrin New Zealand

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Forget all that. I'm getting older. Give me a woman with the following:...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Forget all that. I'm getting older. Give me a woman with the following:

1) Independent means

2) Condos in Florida and Aspen

3) NO toy dogs

4) An indulgent nature

5) A large nicely equipped kitchen

--hide--
I love your take on this David!

Dec 2nd 2012 new
Number 3 is most important
Dec 24th 2012 new

Need to edit my response. Appearance is No. 1 for men. If men are honest, they will admit this. Needs to be a physical attraction. A man is always attraced by a beautiful woman. It is always a distraction. The other qualities of a woman will seal the deal for the relationship.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-919372 said: Need to edit my response. Appearance is No. 1 for men. If men are honest, they will admit this. Ne...
(Quote) Dave-919372 said:

Need to edit my response. Appearance is No. 1 for men. If men are honest, they will admit this. Needs to be a physical attraction. A man is always attraced by a beautiful woman. It is always a distraction. The other qualities of a woman will seal the deal for the relationship.

--hide--

I somewhat disagree, here. What you INDIVIDUALLY find attractive, as a male, influences your decision as to whether they are beautiful to YOU or not, not anyone else's standards. Case in point: I find both Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Mary Tyler Moore, when they were younger, beautiful. Most of my buddies, including men that I golf with, who were YOUNG when those women were all over the television, did not find Jacqueline more than marginally attractive and found Mary "cute," but not pretty.

Quite honestly, women from what are considered slim, almost verging on the perojorative for that word, (the above two, plus Audrey Hepburn), on up to types like Christina Hendricks and Delta Burke as beautiful. . . (all of the women have pretty features, to me, which are more important than individual body types, I guess) are attractive in my book. But if the woman isn't smart, or at least well-informed, its a deal-breaker. That and lack of taste/style. . . you can look nice with few clothes just as well as a celebrity wardrobe. Perhaps I like a more sophisticated woman than most men do. . .

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Well, you know, I'm in Chicago, you don't have to register in order to vote.
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Well, you know, I'm in Chicago, you don't have to register in order to vote.

--hide--

I've heard the following reference about voting in Chicago...."vote early and vote often"... lol

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Yes, Gustavo, this was a secular poll, so we will assume that every man on here wants h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Yes, Gustavo, this was a secular poll, so we will assume that every man on here wants holiness!

Now if you had the holiness and had to pick the one of these that was the MOST important to you, what would it be? (And, by the way, congrats for being the first man to venture an answer here).

--hide--
I agree- every man here on CM wants Holiness, but of the five qualities presented I choose #3. The others are meaningless without a good heart. heart rose

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-919372 said: Need to edit my response. Appearance is No. 1 for men. If men are honest, they will admit this. Ne...
(Quote) Dave-919372 said:

--hide--
Totally agree!

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Needs to be a physical attraction.
(Quote) Needs to be a physical attraction.
--hide--

Honest hat on:

I have a buddy who has always been blind; so please take that into consideration. :) Yes, he has a girlfriend.

I have gotten over the physical attraction so far in my old/young age when I am with a woman frequently as a friend and her interest in me is sincere. Please see my response in this topic I made earlier. Okay, on first impression physical attraction highlights the beam in my eye. However, I have been able to converse with those who I greatly dislike for some reason without showing it = sense of humor. If a lady shows she likes me than much of my prejudices such as appearances, intelligence and others melt away. I have danced with many women twice and thrice my age...I get a good idea that a woman does..ummm....flower as age gracefully arrives. That means I want a woman who likes being a woman and all that entails....if not than to me she is "old" even if she is 25 years young. If she is 57 and enjoys it, then to me she is 25 again. Let singleness at my age give proof that appearance is dwindling as a trait listed in my search. ----- I love my wife's stretchmarks. Amen.

Dec 26th 2012 new

Honest hat still on....can't geeeet it offfffff.

Posts 181 - 190 of 194