Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 23rd 2012 new

I love this topic Patricia! Looking forward to the discussion!

Nov 23rd 2012 new

#5 would be at the top of my list.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

If I had to pick one of the five listed, and only one of the five listed. I would pick, A Good Heart, now how you would define having any of these attributes is subjective. Personally, I advise people to look for Self-Control (Maturity), Simplicity, and Chasity. I have to explan why alot of times, especially to young people. I have a sixteen year old son, and I often find myself giving these advise to his friends, when they ask me because they are having problems in their relationships. Sometimes, I am amazed at how social media can start a converstaion intented between a Father and Son into some thing else, especially xbox live.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

--hide--

First and foremost #5. Hotness disappears over time because familiarity breeds you know what and aging takes its toll. The other three can exist in those with even fairly low IQ. In fact most low IQ people I have met in life were and are extrmely good hearted.

Nov 23rd 2012 new
Nov 23rd 2012 new

Good Heart

Nov 23rd 2012 new
I would choose #4,she would show she had intelligence and a good heart by being dependable and a sense of humor by being willing to help or do some tasks.
Nov 23rd 2012 new

In this particular list #3

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cory-789423 said: #5 would be at the top of my list.
(Quote) Cory-789423 said:

#5 would be at the top of my list.

--hide--

Hi Cory, thanks for voting. And, now we have some variety!biggrin

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) John-135561 said: If I had to pick one of the five listed, and only one of the five listed. I would pick, A Good Hea...
(Quote) John-135561 said:

If I had to pick one of the five listed, and only one of the five listed. I would pick, A Good Heart, now how you would define having any of these attributes is subjective. Personally, I advise people to look for Self-Control (Maturity), Simplicity, and Chasity. I have to explan why alot of times, especially to young people. I have a sixteen year old son, and I often find myself giving these advise to his friends, when they ask me because they are having problems in their relationships. Sometimes, I am amazed at how social media can start a converstaion intented between a Father and Son into some thing else, especially xbox live.

--hide--

John, thanks for voting! And, welcome to the Forums!!!wave

Posts 21 - 30 of 194