Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: First and foremost #5. Hotness disappears over time because familiarity breeds you know w...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

First and foremost #5. Hotness disappears over time because familiarity breeds you know what and aging takes its toll. The other three can exist in those with even fairly low IQ. In fact most low IQ people I have met in life were and are extrmely good hearted.

--hide--

Hi Paul, thanks for voting! It's kind of interesting that (so far), the oldest gentleman and the youngest guy voted for intelligence.scratchchin

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Good Heart
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Good Heart

--hide--

Hi Michael, thanks for expressing your vote - it seems to be in first place thus far!wave

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Ralph-849023 said: I would choose #4,she would show she had intelligence and a good heart by being dependable and a sense o...
(Quote) Ralph-849023 said: I would choose #4,she would show she had intelligence and a good heart by being dependable and a sense of humor by being willing to help or do some tasks.
--hide--

Hi Ralph, thanks for voting and welcome to the forums!biggrin

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-899707 said: In this particular list #3
(Quote) Patrick-899707 said:

In this particular list #3

--hide--

Hi Patrick, thanks for voting! Yes, we could certainly add other factors that are important, but I just went with the poll that I saw!

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Men think this is a "Do I look fat in this dress?" type of question.. <...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Men think this is a "Do I look fat in this dress?" type of question..

--hide--

You're right Donna, this is a loaded question with all types of ramifications. It's already hard enough meeting someone on this site sad

#6 - All of The Above Bow

Officially - I would vote for #2, sense of humor clap

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-787295 said: You're right Donna, this is a loaded question with all types of ramifications. It'...
(Quote) Joe-787295 said:

You're right Donna, this is a loaded question with all types of ramifications. It's already hard enough meeting someone on this site

#6 - All of The Above

Officially - I would vote for #2, sense of humor

--hide--

Well, thanks, Joe for being courageous enough to vote! cool

Nov 23rd 2012 new

without a doubt, "A good heart"

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Men think this is a "Do I look fat in this dress?" type of question.. <...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Men think this is a "Do I look fat in this dress?" type of question..

--hide--
Oh yeah lots of lose lose with this one but - #2 is important for me - I feel that humor can eventually cure everythign and a women with a good sense of humor would almost always have all the others

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

--hide--
Let me answer the question by ranking them in this order: 1. Intelligence, 2. Dependability, 3. Sense of humor. I omitted a good heart as I believe this as a sine qua non for a potential spouse. Hotness is also omitted as this is the only physical trait among all those listed. Being hot thou is always a plus wink

Nov 23rd 2012 new

Not to just follow the crowd, but definitely #3.

Beauty is fleeting and good looks fade over time (for both genders), so #1 (hotness) isn't a deciding factor.

I believe 2 and 4 will automatically come with #3.

And although I desire she has SOME intelligence, it's not so much of a dealbreaker. Sometimes the most intelligent ones can also be the most argumentative and judgmental. And sometimes the less educated ones are the sweetest.

Posts 31 - 40 of 194