Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 23rd 2012 new

Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt because they don't value them, as you would expect from a secular publication that exploits women. "Fashion, beauty, celebs, and sex" have nothing to do with advancing the kingdom of heaven. Qualities like trust, virtue, fidelity, and good communication. To say nothing of faith, hope, and charity. Because without love, we are nothing. ( 1 Cor 13:1 )
To answer the question, give me a faithful woman I can trust to help me to get to heaven. Glamour magazine promotes the culture of death so very obviously in every issue. How about a poll from a more faithful publication next time?

Nov 23rd 2012 new

#3...A good heart!

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

--hide--

Nov 24th 2012 new

I'd have to put "A good heart" firmly in the lead. It's my primary sine qua non.

Nov 24th 2012 new

A good heart.

Followed by hotness/appearance.

Nov 24th 2012 new

I want to Thank all the women for letting the men speak.....There have been times when the men in the forums get attacked for their opinions.... I personally think the women who don't let the guys share their thoughts freely,... are women that don't want to hear the honest truth..... but what they want a man to think ...... is what they truely want to hear.... GBU all

Nov 24th 2012 new

sense of humour

Nov 24th 2012 new
A good heart.
Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt because they don't value them, as you would expect from a secular publication that exploits women. "Fashion, beauty, celebs, and sex" have nothing to do with advancing the kingdom of heaven. Qualities like trust, virtue, fidelity, and good communication. To say nothing of faith, hope, and charity. Because without love, we are nothing. ( 1 Cor 13:1 )
To answer the question, give me a faithful woman I can trust to help me to get to heaven. Glamour magazine promotes the culture of death so very obviously in every issue. How about a poll from a more faithful publication next time?

--hide--
clap Bow You get a Gold Star! knight-errant pope theheart Hat's off to you David

Nov 24th 2012 new

That is why the most important quality in a woman is . . . that she is a bad shot.
rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
laughing laughing laughing

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

--hide--

Gee, David, you read Glamour Magazine every month?eyepopping How else could you know what is in it "in every issue". I only skim it (or Elle or Vogue) at the hair salon while I'm waiting there. And, yes it is a fashion and beauty magazine (perhaps some celebs - although honestly I haven't noticed that). And, I guess I didn't notice the sex either (after all, it's not Playboy or Cosmopolitan). I did read a travel article in it, though. You know, I really have never seen a Catholic fashion magazine, but perhaps you have (and then you can let us all know).rolling eyes And, very honestly, I did not see anything "promoting the culture of death" in this particular magazine.

This thread was a somewhat lighthearted attempt to see what the CM men find important in a woman and perhaps to generate some dialogue and have some fun over this holiday weekend.biggrin And, I've noticed that other men (and women) have made positive comments about this thread!hug If you had read the comments on the first page of this thread, you would have noticed that we are assuming here that all men here would want a holy woman.

So, your dismissive and uncharitable comments are rather ironic since you quote St. Paul about love. All that shows through to me in your comment is your supercilious and sanctimonious attitude which is really kind of offputting (at least to me). Perhaps some charity and humility in your next posting might be a better way to go if you intend to criticize (which is not what this thread is about anyway).

Posts 41 - 50 of 194