Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 24th 2012 new
Vogue is actually a very good magazine, and I think many men would agree if they read it.

Glamour - maybe not quite as good, but hardly trash. Sure it's superficial, but so are most of the things we talk about around here. We're not exactly discussing advanced theology on the CM forums.

Also, hate on Glamour all you want, but it does not "promote the culture of death".
Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-521814 said: I want to Thank all the women for letting the men speak.....There have been times when the men in...
(Quote) Donna-521814 said:

I want to Thank all the women for letting the men speak.....There have been times when the men in the forums get attacked for their opinions.... I personally think the women who don't let the guys share their thoughts freely,... are women that don't want to hear the honest truth..... but what they want a man to think ...... is what they truely want to hear.... GBU all

--hide--
I love the way you think! wink

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

Glamour Magazine? You have to be kidding me. They left many qualities off of their list, no doubt because they don't value them, as you would expect from a secular publication that exploits women. "Fashion, beauty, celebs, and sex" have nothing to do with advancing the kingdom of heaven. Qualities like trust, virtue, fidelity, and good communication. To say nothing of faith, hope, and charity. Because without love, we are nothing. ( 1 Cor 13:1 )
To answer the question, give me a faithful woman I can trust to help me to get to heaven. Glamour magazine promotes the culture of death so very obviously in every issue. How about a poll from a more faithful publication next time?

--hide--

Wow! Like your thoughts! Thank you for pointing us to heaven!

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they h...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

While in my local hair salon browsing through Glamour magazine, I ran across a poll that they had done. They asked 100 single men and 100 married men - What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

The results were similar, but not the same, for the single guys vs. the married guys. And so, I'm asking the guys here to choose the one answer that they think is the most important quality to them for their vote ( and then you can say whatever else you would like to about it).

After a reasonable number of gentlemen here have voted, I'll reveal what the Glamour poll results were for both the single guys and married guys. As a tease, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! (Oh, and it would also be interesting to do this same poll for women, but Glamour didn't poll women. Perhaps someone would like to start a similar thread for women to vote - but would we keep these same 5 categories?)

So, gentlemen, please be as honest as you can with your answer here (how brave are you?).

Oh, and if a woman wants to express her opinion here, I'm sure she will (feel free).

--hide--

This was a tough decision for me. I had to decide between dependability and intelligence. Between these two, I would have to say that dependability is the most important quality in a woman. My soulmate has to be my best friend as well. We have to be able to handle life's "ups and downs."

-Nelson

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-908710 said: without a doubt, "A good heart"
(Quote) Joe-908710 said:

without a doubt, "A good heart"

--hide--

Thanks, Joe, for casting your vote and welcome to the forums!wave

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) John-913295 said: Oh yeah lots of lose lose with this one but - #2 is important for me - I feel that humor can event...
(Quote) John-913295 said:

Oh yeah lots of lose lose with this one but - #2 is important for me - I feel that humor can eventually cure everythign and a women with a good sense of humor would almost always have all the others

--hide--

Thanks, John, for casting your vote!biggrin

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Let me answer the question by ranking them in this order: 1. Intelligence, 2. Dependability, 3....
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Let me answer the question by ranking them in this order: 1. Intelligence, 2. Dependability, 3. Sense of humor. I omitted a good heart as I believe this as a sine qua non for a potential spouse. Hotness is also omitted as this is the only physical trait among all those listed. Being hot thou is always a plus

--hide--

Hi Kahirup, thanks for voting and expressing your opinion!wave

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Not to just follow the crowd, but definitely #3. Beauty is fleeting and good looks fade ove...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Not to just follow the crowd, but definitely #3.

Beauty is fleeting and good looks fade over time (for both genders), so #1 (hotness) isn't a deciding factor.

I believe 2 and 4 will automatically come with #3.

And although I desire she has SOME intelligence, it's not so much of a dealbreaker. Sometimes the most intelligent ones can also be the most argumentative and judgmental. And sometimes the less educated ones are the sweetest.

--hide--

Thanks for voting, Carl!biggrin

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: #3...A good heart!
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

#3...A good heart!

--hide--

Thanks, Karis, for voting here!wave

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-627222 said: I'd have to put "A good heart" firmly in the lead. It's my primary sine qua non....
(Quote) Sean-627222 said:

I'd have to put "A good heart" firmly in the lead. It's my primary sine qua non.

--hide--

Hi Sean, thanks for voting!biggrin

Posts 51 - 60 of 194