Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 10th 2013 new

I think a dealbreaker is when you bring up a serious concern and it gets ignored.

Poor communication and not being respected are serious red flags to me.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Unless they confess that sin to a Priest first.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Unless they confess that sin to a Priest first.
--hide--

Could be - but they would have to "sin no more." I haven't seen any bumper stickers yet declaring that they have had a change of heart. scratchchin stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Unless they confess that sin to a Priest first.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said: Unless they confess that sin to a Priest first.

Could be - but they would have to "sin no more." I haven't seen any bumper stickers yet declaring that they have had a change of heart.

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I think a dealbreaker is when you bring up a serious concern and it gets ignored.
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I think a dealbreaker is when you bring up a serious concern and it gets ignored.
--hide--
Good point.
But one must realize that what one party considers a "serious" concern may be completely meaningless to the other.
I have a female friend whose criteria for "dateable" men includes an active interest in politics. I thought that was odd (because it's not something that interests me in the least) -- but it made sense when I realized that she has always worked on campaigns and is planning to run for office in her town. A new male friend could easily ignore this as a "serious concern" until he knows her well.

May 1st 2013 new

I think it's very important for you to know your deal breakers and discuss them early. Time is so short with the hectic lives people lead, so it's not fair to either person to not discuss them. Most of my deal breakers (I want kids) are answered in the profile questions on here, so I may not bring the subject up but would be happy to discuss it with whomever I'm talking to.

May 6th 2013 new
Deal Breakers could be very real. Such as an allergy to a beloved pet. A smoker - deal breaker for now - quit and we can talk later. Some things people cannot get past and maybe it is unfortunate and absolutely not Christ like, but also it is a reality. If you do have a list of deal breakers then I would bring those up right away. One great example is someone who is not Christ centered - for me this is a deal breaker! Another might be someone who is divorced, ask how many ex spouses as it isn't always one - try three - hello - deal breaker! Does this make me shallow? Perhaps, or maybe just honest. I hate wasting time so bring on the deal breakers up front! X
Jun 6th 2013 new
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this info, but I thought I would it here.

Something to think about and read:

An article in Psychology Today by Mark Banschack: Tied Up With the Wrong Person? Settling for Less in Relationships.

Posts 31 - 37 of 37