Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a lot of food, I thought I'd start a thread on exercise. cool

What do you like do for working out and exercising? Indoors, outdoors? Home, gym, something else, or none at all?

As for me, I heartbeat kayaking and biking in the warmer weather. In the chilly weather though, I prefer sticking to home, throwing my Vibrams on, and running circles around the kitchen, dining, and living room. laughing I also like riding our indoor bike, using my big exercise ball, and dancing to loud music while using hand weights. note note

What about you? scratchchin

Nov 24th 2012 new

Amber, I enjoy walking because it is a quiet time to think. I walk at least a mile a day. Inside or outside. Depends on the weather and mood. Mostly a mile. I made a commitment a year ago to do a mile a day at least 6 days a week. I also like to hike when the weather is nice.

I have always been an active person but after listening to Becoming the Best Version of Yourself (CD) by Matthew Kelly, I decided to make more of a commitment and so have done at least a one mile walk at least six days a week. It will be a year this November. The description of his CD is below. You can find the CD on dynamiccatholic.com as a free resource. The description is taken from his website.

Becoming the Best Version of Yourself (CD) by Matthew Kelly

"Becoming the Best-Version-of-Yourself" reminds us that everything makes sense in relation to our essential purpose, and that, without a clear understanding of the purpose in our lives we find ourselves constantly in a cloud of confusion.

Kelly then explains the meaning of friendship, work, marriage, money, all in relation to our essential purpose. Beyond that he demonstrates how understanding our essential purpose brings clarity and direction to our lives, especially in the area of making decisions.

Finally, he challenges us to reassess the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of our lives. With the heartwarming charm and humor he has become so well known for, Kelly invites his audience to make one resolution in each of these four areas… and explains how these four new habits can transform our lives.

"You were born to become the-best-version-of-yourself! This is your essential purpose and the most important discovery you will ever make. Embrace this one solitary truth and it will change your life more than anything you have ever learned. In every situation, simply ask yourself, 'Which of the options before me will help me become the-best-version-of-myself?'"

Nov 24th 2012 new

Oh Amber, you can actually use a balance ball? I am laughing because the first and only time I used one, I ended up all over the livingroom out-of-control and crashed. faint

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Amber, I enjoy walking because it is a quiet time to think. I walk at least a mile a day. Inside...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Amber, I enjoy walking because it is a quiet time to think. I walk at least a mile a day. Inside or outside. Depends on the weather and mood. Mostly a mile. I made a commitment a year ago to do a mile a day at least 6 days a week. I also like to hike when the weather is nice.

I have always been an active person but after listening to Becoming the Best Version of Yourself (CD) by Matthew Kelly, I decided to make more of a commitment and so have done at least a one mile walk at least six days a week. It will be a year this November. The description of his CD is below. You can find the CD on dynamiccatholic.com as a free resource. The description is taken from his website.

Becoming the Best Version of Yourself (CD) by Matthew Kelly

"Becoming the Best-Version-of-Yourself" reminds us that everything makes sense in relation to our essential purpose, and that, without a clear understanding of the purpose in our lives we find ourselves constantly in a cloud of confusion.

Kelly then explains the meaning of friendship, work, marriage, money, all in relation to our essential purpose. Beyond that he demonstrates how understanding our essential purpose brings clarity and direction to our lives, especially in the area of making decisions.

Finally, he challenges us to reassess the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of our lives. With the heartwarming charm and humor he has become so well known for, Kelly invites his audience to make one resolution in each of these four areas… and explains how these four new habits can transform our lives.

"You were born to become the-best-version-of-yourself! This is your essential purpose and the most important discovery you will ever make. Embrace this one solitary truth and it will change your life more than anything you have ever learned. In every situation, simply ask yourself, 'Which of the options before me will help me become the-best-version-of-myself?'"

--hide--

I heartbeat Matthew Kelly. My parents bought me his audio version of The Seven Levels of Intimacy last Christmas. I still haven't finished it, but it's been good! flower

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Oh Amber, you can actually use a balance ball? I am laughing because the first and only time I u...

Oh Amber, you can actually use a balance ball? I am laughing because the first and only time I used one, I ended up all over the livingroom out-of-control and crashed.

--hide--

Haha, yes. I have 2 big balls. One is medium sized and good for back or leg exercises, the other is a big 75cm ball that I like using instead of a desk chair and is great for sitting on and doing crunches. (I'm sitting on it now at my desk while my big cushy chair is lonely in the corner, lol)

My mom has the same problem, she can't balance of them well, it's funny to watch. rolling eyes tongue But it's easy enough for me.

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a lot of food, I thought I'd start a thread on exercise.

What do you like do for working out and exercising? Indoors, outdoors? Home, gym, something else, or none at all?

As for me, I kayaking and biking in the warmer weather. In the chilly weather though, I prefer sticking to home, throwing my Vibrams on, and running circles around the kitchen, dining, and living room. I also like riding our indoor bike, using my big exercise ball, and dancing to loud music while using hand weights.

What about you?

--hide--
Good idea Amber. clap

I'm in the Caribbean so I'm able to swim during the holidays. Sunrise

I am trying to do some of the Insanity programme.This is my second time around.Have to try to be regular that's the hitch.Easier where there is company like when I swim once a week.

I also enjoy walking.

Love to kayak also when a group is going.

I would also suggest some free exercise videos(uk sites have some good ones as well as usa).

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Oh Amber, you can actually use a balance ball? I am laughing because the first and only time I u...

Oh Amber, you can actually use a balance ball? I am laughing because the first and only time I used one, I ended up all over the livingroom out-of-control and crashed.

--hide--
Oh yes it looked so easy to do but trying to do exercises and balance is often a little difficult.I'm laughing at myself when this happens biggrin

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Good idea Amber. I'm in the Caribbean so I'm able to swim during the ho...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Good idea Amber.

I'm in the Caribbean so I'm able to swim during the holidays.

I am trying to do some of the Insanity programme.This is my second time around.Have to try to be regular that's the hitch.Easier where there is company like when I swim once a week.

I also enjoy walking.

Love to kayak also when a group is going.

I would also suggest some free exercise videos(uk sites have some good ones as well as usa).

--hide--

Swimming! I used to love swimming cool , but I don't get to so much anymore. We used to have an inground pool in our backyard, but my dad had it filled in. sad

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a lot of food, I thought I'd start a thread on exercise.

As for me, I kayaking and biking in the warmer weather. In the chilly weather though, I prefer sticking to home, throwing my Vibrams on, and running circles around the kitchen, dining, and living room. I also like riding our indoor bike, using my big exercise ball, and dancing to loud music while using hand weights.

What about you?

--hide--

Currently really into spin class at the gym. I even got the clip-in shoes! Love the workout, the music is pumping - so I feel like I can get my club-fix, whithout having to brave the 'club scene'!! laughing

Nov 24th 2012 new

Thanks for this post, you are giving me the motivation that I need :)

I love to walk, but I've been sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection so I'm trying to stay in out of the cold.

I have a mini trampoline that I like to use but wish I had some more ideas for it besides just bouncing. Any ideas anyone?

Posts 1 - 10 of 28