Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Thanks for this post, you are giving me the motivation that I need :) I love to walk, bu...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Thanks for this post, you are giving me the motivation that I need :)

I love to walk, but I've been sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection so I'm trying to stay in out of the cold.

I have a mini trampoline that I like to use but wish I had some more ideas for it besides just bouncing. Any ideas anyone?

--hide--

Sorry you've been sick, feel better rose

A mini trampoline? Hmm...maybe bounce with weights, or run on it? Not sure... scratchchin

Nov 25th 2012 new

I walk when the weather permits in the winter. When Im inside I use my wii. The wii fit program is good & makes working out fun.

Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: I walk when the weather permits in the winter. When Im inside I use my wii. The wii fit program ...
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

I walk when the weather permits in the winter. When Im inside I use my wii. The wii fit program is good & makes working out fun.

--hide--

Nice, I used to play on my brother Wii, but he took it when he moved out. biggrin

Nov 25th 2012 new

Shopping!

Nov 26th 2012 new

In general I like to go walking. I love taking my ipod with me and letting myself go in my own world and thoughts. Also I don't have a car, but have a student public transportation card. So I can travel through Holland for free, which can be tempting sometimes to use it. But if it's not raining and I am capable of getting somewhere by walking, I walk. And if it's a little further like the nearest city, I take my bike (We have bike-roads next to every normal road). And I do love cycling!

At home I sometimes use this very funny fitness exercise from the 90's. www.youtube.com He is sooo funny, and honestly it is a great exercise! He has 8 min. workouts for buns (my favorite), abs, arms, legs and stretch. It doesn't take allot of time and really you see result after just 2 times! eyepopping Just try it out!

Nov 29th 2012 new
I'm a P90X graduate, and I rotate different DVDs between core, yoga, cardio and strength a couple times a week. I've added the new Weight Watchers DVDs in the rotation as well. I ran outside 2-3X per week on non-DVD days during the warmer weather, but I am wussing out with the cold. To combat that, I started running up stairs at work twice a day, working towards the goal of being able to run from the ground floor up to the 13th without stopping. Since the 2nd climb is when I come back from lunch, it helps me make better food decisions! laughing laughing
Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Rae-242317 said: I'm a P90X graduate, and I rotate different DVDs between core, yoga, cardio and strength a couple time...
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: I'm a P90X graduate, and I rotate different DVDs between core, yoga, cardio and strength a couple times a week. I've added the new Weight Watchers DVDs in the rotation as well. I ran outside 2-3X per week on non-DVD days during the warmer weather, but I am wussing out with the cold. To combat that, I started running up stairs at work twice a day, working towards the goal of being able to run from the ground floor up to the 13th without stopping. Since the 2nd climb is when I come back from lunch, it helps me make better food decisions!
--hide--

Wow! That's awesome! I wish I had that kind of will power with exercising! biggrin

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: In general I like to go walking. I love taking my ipod with me and letting myself go in my own wo...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said:

In general I like to go walking. I love taking my ipod with me and letting myself go in my own world and thoughts. Also I don't have a car, but have a student public transportation card. So I can travel through Holland for free, which can be tempting sometimes to use it. But if it's not raining and I am capable of getting somewhere by walking, I walk. And if it's a little further like the nearest city, I take my bike (We have bike-roads next to every normal road). And I do love cycling!

At home I sometimes use this very funny fitness exercise from the 90's. www.youtube.com He is sooo funny, and honestly it is a great exercise! He has 8 min. workouts for buns (my favorite), abs, arms, legs and stretch. It doesn't take allot of time and really you see result after just 2 times! Just try it out!

--hide--

That's good! I love biking, but It always makes me nervous to on a busy road. But riding at parks is great.

(love my ipod for taking walks!) wink

Nov 29th 2012 new

Therese, The Leslie Sansone indoor walking DVD's are great and she has some one mile walks which are great. You can try one out on her website by scrolling down to the end of the page and the video at the left is a one-mile walk to try out. You can downloaded it to your PC by clicking above the video on a download box will will pop-up

www.walkathome.com

She also has a WalkSocial on her website that is free, with the link below. Click on "track your walk" button and you can register free and use her videos free. There is a link to Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account and so haven't used.

www.walkathome.com

She has lots of DVD's for all levels. I find that a one-mile walk is enough. Moderation for me! wink

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

Since it's 'Holiday Season' and I know everyone has been, and is going to be eating a lot of food, I thought I'd start a thread on exercise.

What do you like do for working out and exercising? Indoors, outdoors? Home, gym, something else, or none at all?

As for me, I kayaking and biking in the warmer weather. In the chilly weather though, I prefer sticking to home, throwing my Vibrams on, and running circles around the kitchen, dining, and living room. I also like riding our indoor bike, using my big exercise ball, and dancing to loud music while using hand weights.

What about you?

--hide--
I'm a treadmill enthusiast. I could watch one for hours.... rolling eyes

Posts 11 - 20 of 28