Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 29th 2012 new

I distance walk. I did 10 miles one day last week. I walk shorter distances daily because longer walks take time but it's great exercise. I also work out with weights.

Nov 29th 2012 new

I am still hitting the gym 4 days a week at Gold's gym. I didn't gain any weight this Thanksgiving biggrin

Nov 29th 2012 new

Walking, yard and garden work, I hope to get a bike soon.

Nov 29th 2012 new

Lifting weights and step aerobics.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Therese, The Leslie Sansone indoor walking DVD's are great and she has some one mile walks w...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Therese, The Leslie Sansone indoor walking DVD's are great and she has some one mile walks which are great. You can try one out on her website by scrolling down to the end of the page and the video at the left is a one-mile walk to try out. You can downloaded it to your PC by clicking above the video on a download box will will pop-up

www.walkathome.com

She also has a WalkSocial on her website that is free, with the link below. Click on "track your walk" button and you can register free and use her videos free. There is a link to Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account and so haven't used.

www.walkathome.com

She has lots of DVD's for all levels. I find that a one-mile walk is enough. Moderation for me!

--hide--

Thank you Sandra, I will look into these DVD's.

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I'm a treadmill enthusiast. I could watch one for hours....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I'm a treadmill enthusiast. I could watch one for hours....

--hide--

That is funny Ray! I hope I don't do that with the DVD's that I'm going to download from Sandra's post wink

Dec 7th 2012 new

Therese, here's a good inexpensive Leslie Sansone DVD, that I like a lot. (Leslie happens to be Catholic).

www.totalfitnessdvds.com

Dec 7th 2012 new

I rarely gain weight during the holiday season, however I need to keep an eye on my sugar levels for health reasons so the measures I must take to keep them low surely can anyone to keep from gaining weight.

1.- Drink water (lots of it), when you wake up in the morning drink one or two glasses of water at least 20 or 30 before breakfast. And drink at least 8 glasses of water throughtout the day. That also prevents colds and the flu.

2.- I remember last year I had not much time to exercise so I decided to walk to my place of work instead of driving (it was a 75 minute walking distance). So in the end I made a total of 2 and half hours. However, I used to walk at a regular pace and since I usually prayed and then would use up the time to come up with new ideas for my boss. All the while I would admire the view of the bay. For the people who dont like much the idea of exercising, this is a great solution, not only do you save in petrol but you can also get in shape without feeling like you are exersicing at all. I dont know if that will help you shed the extra pounds off fast, but i guarantee it will keep you from adding any up.

3.- If you wish to have a plate of meat and potato and/or bread, eat it with lots of vegetables (specially green ones such as lettuce). And go easy on the dressing.

4.- For sports, I like kayaking, swimming and biking. But since the weather is too cold to get on a kayak, I suggest finding an in-door swimming pool. As for the bike, unless there´s a blizzard, it is never too cold to bike :).

Merry Christmas everyone.

God bless

Posts 21 - 28 of 28