Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 9th 2012 new
Happy Sunday Marianne,

Thank you for response to my suggestion. I did move a few years ago from my neighborhood to other for different reasons. I gave you that idea because it seems you are miserable at the neighborhood where you live. Now I am at peace in this neighborhood. I came to this country for the same reason that may be your ancestors came to this land for.

I am glad Jesus came to this world to save humanity, not only his chosen people from Israel(PRAISE TO GOD!!) Jesus came to save us that's why the catholic church is universal. It means that the same doctrine is taught every where in the world. It means that masses are going on every minute of the day at a different country in the world, in different languages, not only English. If Jesus is our brother and we are children of God. It makes you and I and those Hispanics in your neighborhood who speak Spanish brothers and sisters. This means we should live on this earth in peace as brothers and sisters. Harmony is better than holding grudges or been bitter. It means we, all, should love and respect one another.
Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Happy Sunday Marianne, Thank you for response to my suggestion. I did move a few years ago from ...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Happy Sunday Marianne,

Thank you for response to my suggestion. I did move a few years ago from my neighborhood to other for different reasons. I gave you that idea because it seems you are miserable at the neighborhood where you live. Now I am at peace in this neighborhood. I came to this country for the same reason that may be your ancestors came to this land for.

I am glad Jesus came to this world to save humanity, not only his chosen people from Israel(PRAISE TO GOD!!) Jesus came to save us that's why the catholic church is universal. It means that the same doctrine is taught every where in the world. It means that masses are going on every minute of the day at a different country in the world, in different languages, not only English. If Jesus is our brother and we are children of God. It makes you and I and those Hispanics in your neighborhood who speak Spanish brothers and sisters. This means we should live on this earth in peace as brothers and sisters. Harmony is better than holding grudges or been bitter. It means we, all, should love and respect one another.
--hide--

I don't know where you got the idea that hispanics live in my neighborhood, or even near my neighborhood, but it is untrue.

Dec 9th 2012 new

We are a nation that is in the unique position of being a nation of immigrants. It is America's heritage to be comprised of people of various faiths, cultures, and yes, languages. It is sad to me to hear intolerance of those who do not speak English. Many non-English speakers in this country learn English over time, and some of them, understand more of the English language than we understand, or try to understand of their language. Think how you would feel if you were in their native country. I wonder how long it would take any of us to learn their language and adjust to their culture. In most countries, the people speak at least two languages, often that second language is English. There is nothing wrong with having English spoken in America, but why must it be the only recognized language? We should embrace the multiple cultures of America and encourage Americans (all Americans) to become bilingual, or at least to embrace those who are trying to learn the language and the culture and overcome the challenges that such a venture poses.

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: We are a nation that is in the unique position of being a nation of immigrants. It is America...
(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said:

We are a nation that is in the unique position of being a nation of immigrants. It is America's heritage to be comprised of people of various faiths, cultures, and yes, languages. It is sad to me to hear intolerance of those who do not speak English. Many non-English speakers in this country learn English over time, and some of them, understand more of the English language than we understand, or try to understand of their language. Think how you would feel if you were in their native country. I wonder how long it would take any of us to learn their language and adjust to their culture. In most countries, the people speak at least two languages, often that second language is English. There is nothing wrong with having English spoken in America, but why must it be the only recognized language? We should embrace the multiple cultures of America and encourage Americans (all Americans) to become bilingual, or at least to embrace those who are trying to learn the language and the culture and overcome the challenges that such a venture poses.

--hide--

Every nation is a nation of immigrants. Look it up. Civilization only began in a few countries.

Dec 9th 2012 new

I don't care that someone comes here speaks a foreign language. I care that they come here and get upset that they should HAVE to learn the country's language. People come to America because their country is really messed up, then they try to recreate their country here. I cannot fathom the psychology at work there. If their country was so great, what are they doing here?

My great great grandparents came from Germany. They insisted my great grandparents learn English, because they wanted to be American. They wanted to assimilate into America. I work with a guy born in Mexico and lived there till he was 11. He came here and didn't get any coddling. He had to learn English and learn it immediately. He graduated HS and speaks without an accent. Public schools used to give free English classes for immigrants weekday evenings. Now if we suggest if you are going to live here you should learn English, we are called xenophobes and worse, racist.

As for La Raza, I ask you what does the name mean? The Race! Except that Hispanic isn't a race, neither is Mexican. You keep talking about the radicals. You need to come out of the darkness and into the light. La Raza is racist and radical. I personally have seen La Raza pamphlets handed out at demonstrations calling for the return of the western half of the US. You would have to be going through life with blinders on not to know this.

I'll copy La Raza and get in touch with my ancestry. My family comes from Germany and Ireland. I suppose I should blow up some Englishmen and gas some Jews, correct? I reject that notion. My family may have come to America well after the revolution, but I trace my ancestry to the men who stood on the green at Lexington and fired on the lobster-backs at the Concord bridge. I am American and I'm proud of it.

I am ashamed that someone whose family has lived in America as long if not longer than mine, somehow seems to think they have more in common with a country their great great great grandparents came from than the country where they were born. I can't help but be prejudiced. I pre-judge them to be ignorant.

Dec 9th 2012 new

Hey Kahirup, I was born in Odessa, TX. I remember traveling to Lubbock as a child.

I admire you more than I can express. You have more courage that I. I don't believe I could leave my country and move to another one. With such internal strength, you cannot help but succeed.

Knowledge is strenght. Don't stop leaning.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Hey Kahirup, I was born in Odessa, TX. I remember traveling to Lubbock as a child.I admi...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Hey Kahirup, I was born in Odessa, TX. I remember traveling to Lubbock as a child.

I admire you more than I can express. You have more courage that I. I don't believe I could leave my country and move to another one. With such internal strength, you cannot help but succeed.

--hide--
Thanks Bernie!

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: I don't care that someone comes here speaks a foreign language. I care that they come here a...

I don't care that someone comes here speaks a foreign language. I care that they come here and get upset that they should HAVE to learn the country's language. People come to America because their country is really messed up, then they try to recreate their country here. I cannot fathom the psychology at work there. If their country was so great, what are they doing here?

My great great grandparents came from Germany. They insisted my great grandparents learn English, because they wanted to be American. They wanted to assimilate into America. I work with a guy born in Mexico and lived there till he was 11. He came here and didn't get any coddling. He had to learn English and learn it immediately. He graduated HS and speaks without an accent. Public schools used to give free English classes for immigrants weekday evenings. Now if we suggest if you are going to live here you should learn English, we are called xenophobes and worse, racist.

As for La Raza, I ask you what does the name mean? The Race! Except that Hispanic isn't a race, neither is Mexican. You keep talking about the radicals. You need to come out of the darkness and into the light. La Raza is racist and radical. I personally have seen La Raza pamphlets handed out at demonstrations calling for the return of the western half of the US. You would have to be going through life with blinders on not to know this.

I'll copy La Raza and get in touch with my ancestry. My family comes from Germany and Ireland. I suppose I should blow up some Englishmen and gas some Jews, correct? I reject that notion. My family may have come to America well after the revolution, but I trace my ancestry to the men who stood on the green at Lexington and fired on the lobster-backs at the Concord bridge. I am American and I'm proud of it.

I am ashamed that someone whose family has lived in America as long if not longer than mine, somehow seems to think they have more in common with a country their great great great grandparents came from than the country where they were born. I can't help but be prejudiced. I pre-judge them to be ignorant.

--hide--

Thank goodness you are not ashamed to show your American pride. In this day and age, it is almost taboo.

I second the motion on everything you said. Our country is very precious, and if we do not stand up for what
we have and what we love, we will have nothing. Bad enough we have to watch our Constitution and
laws on the books ignored time after time. And we know, that is not a good thing in the long run.

God bless you, Bernie. We need more people like you to stand up and call America our treasure.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Hey Kahirup, I was born in Odessa, TX. I remember traveling to Lubbock as a child.I admi...

--hide--

Yes, Kahirup, you are a shining star. Keep up the good work.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: I don't care that someone comes here speaks a foreign language. I care that they come here a...

--hide--

"People come to America because their country is really messed up, then they try to recreate their country here. I cannot fathom the psychology at work there. If their country was so great, what are they doing here?"

-------------------

Bernie:

The psychology of this stems from Political Correctness. And Political Correctness tries to diminish America and
Americans as though they have caused some great historical blunder.

Any major accomplishment of America, over the years, has had to have a negative spin put on it by the politically
correct followers.

And the fact that we cannot be called Americans anymore, but a hyphenated form of American, is the latest derogatory
form of identity.

Americans have a unique history and a unique pride which came from our forefathers, and it cannot be easily understood.
And it does not come from a title.

Posts 101 - 110 of 112