Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Johnny Football

Nov 25th 2012 new

I haven't started a thread in ages but I definitely deem this guy worth it. He is incredibly exciting to watch on the field. Should he win the coveted Heisman? Or should it be Manti Te'o, Collin Klein or Marqis Lee perhaps? Any thoughts?

Nov 25th 2012 new
Hi Angie, Could you be excited about this because you're from College Station? I don't blame you. I haven't followed enough college football this year to offer an opinion. I've been an ND fan since I was a kid, but lost heart to root for them over the last few years (feel like I'm missing out this year), but apparently this linebacker has an incredible personal story (tough story). But it is very tough for a defensive player to win the Heisman, though it's not unprecedented. I'd say your guy has the inside track, and by the way, he's got a great nickname. That can't hurt. Good luck to your guy. Good subject to post. God bless. John
Nov 25th 2012 new

You caught me! It's been awhile since we've had a hometown boy gain this amount of recognition. The hype with the Heisman talk is just an added bonus. Fingers crossed though...!

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: You caught me! It's been awhile since we've had a hometown boy gain this amount of recogni...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

You caught me! It's been awhile since we've had a hometown boy gain this amount of recognition. The hype with the Heisman talk is just an added bonus. Fingers crossed though...!

--hide--

Johnny has had a great season and to think he is only a Freshman! Not real sure if they would award the heisman to a freshman or not! I think with the year Notre Dame has had and the year that Mante Tio has had he would be the frontrunner?? If either of them 2 win the award ui would be happy with that! scratchchin biggrin hersheyskiss wave

Dec 5th 2012 new

Super psyched about him making it in the top 3. The countdown to Saturday has begun!

Dec 8th 2012 new
Congrats! He did it.
Dec 9th 2012 new

Best word to describe last night: THRILLING! This is going to change everything not just for him but for A&M and our little blurb of a city on the map...

Weeee! Go Johnny Go!!!

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Best word to describe last night: THRILLING! This is going to change everything not just for him b...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

Best word to describe last night: THRILLING! This is going to change everything not just for him but for A&M and our little blurb of a city on the map...

Weeee! Go Johnny Go!!!

--hide--

Angie,

I am so proud of Manziel's accomplishments. Not only good for him personally but the university and A & M sports. This will also help with recruiting and getting even better players for the future.

Both of my children have their undergrad degrees from A & M. My son also received his masters in August, 2011.

I still have relatives in the Bryan/Kurten area so I am familiar with College Station.

The Ags had a great season. I could not be more proud.

Gig 'em.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Angie,I am so proud of Manziel's accomplishments. Not only good for him person...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Angie,

I am so proud of Manziel's accomplishments. Not only good for him personally but the university and A & M sports. This will also help with recruiting and getting even better players for the future.

Both of my children have their undergrad degrees from A & M. My son also received his masters in August, 2011.

I still have relatives in the Bryan/Kurten area so I am familiar with College Station.

The Ags had a great season. I could not be more proud.

Gig 'em.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

I remember you mentioning your kids were alumni so they must be super excited as well. My hope, among others, is he doesn't let all of this go to his head. If he keeps focused and remains grounded, he'll go on to achieve great things...

Dec 14th 2012 new

I have a cousin who lives in Kerrville who went to high school with Johnny so I've been hearing about him for awhile now. The guy is good and fast and I'm glad he won the Heisman. I thought it would be closer between him and T'eo though.

Posts 1 - 10 of 15