Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 26th 2013 new
It is a struggle and challenge in today's society when your not as religious friends and secular world say differently. I have had people say to me well I am going to have fun and then settle down in marriage to one person. Paraphrasing just a little. That is why I am on this match too. Praying for the right and compatible person who values and holds close real love that Jesus showed us through his sacrifice.
Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-933144 said: Pope John Paul II says: "According to the words of Sacred Scripture, God penetrates ...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

Pope John Paul II says: "According to the words of Sacred Scripture, God penetrates the creature, who is completely 'naked' before him."

--hide--

HEBREWS - Chapter 4 haydock1859.tripod.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Verse 12 For the word of God is living and effectual, and more penetrating than any two-edged sword: and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also, and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Verse 13 *Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight: but all things are naked and open to the eyes of him, to whom our speech is.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hebrews iv.

Notes & Commentary:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ver. 12. For the word of God is living, &c. Some understand by the word of God, the eternal word, or Son of God: (to whom may apply all in the 12th and 13th verses) but others rather expound it of the words, promises, and menaces of God, either foretold by the prophets, or preached by the apostles. (Witham) --- All this language is metaphorical, but perfectly well understood by the Jews. In their sacrifices, the Levites made use of a two-edged knife to separate from the victim what was for God, what was for the priests, and what was for the people. Thus in sacrificing sinners to the justice of God, Jesus Christ, like a two-edged knife, will separate what is for God, and what is for man; i.e. whatever is good or evil in the whole of man's conduct.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ver. 13. In his sight, or to the eyes, must signify in the sight of God. (Witham) --- If the word of God in Jesus Christ be so terrible, what will Jesus Christ be himself, when he comes to judge us according to the severity of his justice?

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: What time is it in Moscow? Not Midnight? Is the 1960s song " Midnight in Moscow" ...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

What time is it in Moscow? Not Midnight? Is the 1960s song " Midnight in Moscow" popular there?

--hide--

It was something like 8pm then, not midnight lol I don't know if anybody knows that song here - although it would probably be popular with Moscovites who like swing dance :)

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: It was something like 8pm then, not midnight lol I don't know if anybody kn...
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

It was something like 8pm then, not midnight lol I don't know if anybody knows that song here - although it would probably be popular with Moscovites who like swing dance :)

--hide--

Ha, actually now that I'm listening to it on Youtube - that's a very popular Russian song. Just re-done. Everybody knows it!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: It was something like 8pm then, not midnight lol I don't know if anybody knows that song...

--hide--

Moscow is only 6 or 7 hours ahead of New York City?

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Ha, actually now that I'm listening to it on Youtube - that's a very popular Russian...

Ha, actually now that I'm listening to it on Youtube - that's a very popular Russian song. Just re-done. Everybody knows it!

--hide--

ALRIGHT !!! Just checked youtube, and "Moscow Nights" on Wikipedia. You'll appreciate how the song, which got to Number 2 in early 1962, was received in Moscow. Go Kenny Ball Go.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Moscow is only 6 or 7 hours ahead of New York City?
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Moscow is only 6 or 7 hours ahead of New York City?

--hide--

Last post so we don't hijack the thread completely laughing Moscow's nine hours ahead of DC... arithmatic's never been my strong point, so that guess could easily have been completely wrong.

I'm sure that if anybody in Russia heard Midnight in Moscow back then, they would have liked it :)

Jan 27th 2013 new

Clair! I absolutely love you!
You gave me the biggest laugh of the new year
EVERYTHING can be taken out of context and...... enjoyed!
laughing

Jan 27th 2013 new

referrring to the switched threads blooper

Jan 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Karen-712407 said: Clair! I absolutely love you!You gave me the biggest laugh of the new yearEVERYTHING can be taken out o...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

Clair! I absolutely love you!
You gave me the biggest laugh of the new year
EVERYTHING can be taken out of context and...... enjoyed!

--hide--

Wait untill I irked you so much you'll throw things at me! duck "Missed me, missed me, now you got to hersheyskiss me embarassed
Posts 111 - 120 of 157